Sr. DevOps Database Engineer
As a member of Thomson Reuters' ONESOURCE Platform Technology team, you will work with your team members to help extend our market leading platform of corporate tax software solutions and services for global businesses.
The purpose of this role is to support operational stability workflows, systems/services to sustain a high level of quality for our customers and improve efficiency in day-to-day activity.
You will be involved in the entire software development lifecycle, working collaborative with the team. You are empowered to try new approaches and learn new technologies. Your work will benefit customers who use the numerous critical tax products provided by Thomson Reuters.
Passion . You are eager to learn new technologies, but also want to understand the business problems we are trying to solve. You are willing to question the status quo to find a more optimal solution to existing process.
Teamwork . You thrive in a positive, collaborative environment with your great communication skills. You believe in the value of iterating together towards a common goal.
The Senior DevOps Database Engineer should have the ability to deliver high quality work on time in a high-energy environment while collaborating and brainstorming with other developers in a dynamic team environment. A combination of strong planning, organization, time management skills, and the ability to handle multiple projects are key. Engineer will also contribute to the maintenance and support of production systems as necessary.
• Design, develop, and build database objects for new development initiatives, including Tables, Views, Triggers and Stored Procedures.
• Analyze business requirements, documentation and technical specifications for projects in conjunction with the project team and customers to translate into a DB design.
• Perform large and small scale database migrations for project development initiatives.
• Maintain and support production systems, including some evening and weekend support as required.
• Assist in helping resolve user issues and questions related to data stored in the database or performance of the database platform.
• Provide assistance to support existing disaster recovery procedures, capacity planning, and performance tuning to ensure high availability, high security and high performance of the DBMS.
• Participate in research projects to evaluate tools, techniques, and upgrades that will further enhance and advance the DBMS.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
• Minimum 5 years of SQL Server database administration experience. Exposure to SQL 2012 a plus.
• Minimum 5 years of T-SQL development, including the design of stored procedures, views and triggers.
• Practical experience in creation of databases, database objects, logins, users, roles etc.
• Experience with the installation of SQL Server, applying service packs and patches is a plus. Experience with these items in a clustered environment is a huge plus.
• SSIS design/development, a plus.
• Knowledge and experience in physical and logical database design.
• Experience with SQL Server management tools, a plus.
• Ability to work well with other team members, including developers, business analysts and team leadership, to debug and resolve critical operations issues.
• Strong written and verbal communication skill.
• Ability to work well in a dynamic team environment.
• Ability to work well in a flexible development environment.
• Maintaining high-availability systems (7x24x365) in production environment.
• Strong understanding of Database best practices and policies.
• Knowledge of hardware, storage, RAID, and disk subsystems technologies as they pertain to DBMS systems and familiarity with SAN technologies, a plus.
• Strong attention to detail.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Back to top