As a Sr. Developer you will:
- Write new software, make modifications to existing software, or integrate software applications and modules in accordance with agreed upon specifications, created in partnership with others.
- Create and execute unit testing and integration testing ensuring software meets requirements.
- Contribute to the creation of design. May lead the design of less complex components.
- May provide technical support to operations or other development teams.
- Create, review, and maintain all required technical documentation related to assigned software to ensure supportability and reuse.
- Review work of peers and more junior developers.
- Provide wider feedback into performance.
- Assist in identification and implementation of short-term and long-term solution options, including risk assessments.
- Assist with improvements to prevent problems, including problem resolution workflow.
- Participate in remediation solutions.
- Participate in project planning sessions with team members to analyze development requirements, provide design options, and provide work breakdown and estimates of work.
- Provide work breakdown and estimates for small software development tasks.
- Provide timely status updates for areas of individual responsibilities within projects to supervisor.
- Actively participate in team and status meetings.
- Demonstrate software as requested.
- Develop software using disciplined software development processes, adhering to team/company standards and software best practice guidelines, and corporate policies.
- Computer Science or related degree.
- 5+ years of work experience.
- Is fully competent in one or more programming languages (Microsoft technology stack C#, Angular, REST, NHibernate), software engineering methodologies (experience in agile methodologies), software development tools.
- Full stack capabilities would be preferred
- Experience of unit testing, code management tools and design tools.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good level of English proficiency.
- Good problem solving capabilities.
- Require working knowledge of business application and software code base.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Back to top