Sr. Database Architect
Thomson Reuters, a leading provider of web based software solutions to local and international governments, seeks a Senior Database Architect responsible for the analysis, design and implementation of complex database-centric solutions.
- Plan, design, optimize and oversee database solutions in support of products and services.
- Performs logical and physical data modeling.
- Architect database solutions for performance and scalability.
- Analyze and optimize existing database solutions.
- Design metrics and implement tools using disciplined software development processes to test, monitor and optimize database environments for on-site and cloud deployments.
- Partner with development and professional services teams to create optimal solution strategies.
- Resolve root causes of database problems.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Extensive and proven relational database development experience architecting and delivering large complex systems.
- Prior experience architecting multi-tenant database solutions in a SaaS environment.
- Expert level experience with T-SQL using SQL Server. Familiarity with Oracle, PostgreSQL and NoSQL a plus.
- Strong experience using related Microsoft technologies (e.g., Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server).
- Experience working in a web development environment.
- Solid experience in benchmarking and performance evaluation of various hardware and software configurations.
- Proven team player with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work as a member of geographically diverse team.
- Conversant with security concepts and techniques.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top