Sr. Data Integration Engineer
Thomson Reuters Legal is on a mission to create a world-class B2B marketing organization. We have an exciting new opportunity available for the right candidate in our newly created Central Marketing organization. As the Sr. Marketing Integration Engineer, you will work on multiple projects to incorporate data sources such as SaaS, CRM, and legacy systems in order to create one interconnected marketing ecosystem, enabling Legal Marketing to improve our go-to-market capabilities by developing a predictable, scalable, and repeatable marketing engine. The marketing ecosystem includes defining business logic and workflow rules to orchestrate data and automate processes across platforms, building end-to-end processes that drive desired business outcomes.
The successful candidate has experience integrating and orchestrating information in a cross-matrix B2B organization, with experience using integration tools, business process management software, measuring impacts with analytics, and taking instant action to improve business results. The Engineer will play a major role operationalizing processes and aligning the marketing and data technologies into scalable business capabilities.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Create both simple and sophisticated prospect and customer experiences based on a variety of data inputs and triggers, in order to ensure end-to-end data flows
- Use innovation to improve operational processes and performance, making sure data is of the highest quality, build and unit test integration components
- Produce a high performance integration environment that runs at the core of Marketing's technology ecosystem
- Perform all stages of the development lifecycle to create or update automated data integration and workflow orchestrations - from requirements gathering, design, development, implementation, testing, to production deployment
- Keep informed in the latest technology trends in the areas of data integration, API management, data management platforms and marketing automation
- Ensure all data governance and security policies are enforced and adhered to
- Partner with developers across Thomson Reuters for enterprise level projects and best practices
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- At least five years of experience programming in an object-oriented language
- Direct experience with developing web services messaging and business logic layer (SOAP and RESTful) and familiarity with XML, WSDLs, XSLT, and JSON
- Experience developing with an "Integration Platform as a Service" (iPaaS) or "Extract Transfer Load" (ETL) software
- Familiarity with data transfer methods (e.g. FTP, SFTP, FTPS)
- Experience integrating with Eloqua, Adobe, and Salesforce is a plus
- Knowledge of DB SQL Skills in a Modern Relational DB (Oracle, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- Experience with writing high quality scalable code, reviewing code, and abiding by documented coding standards
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills
- BA/BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top