Sr. Customer Solutions Engineer
We are looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking, and self-motivated senior level engineer to join the Thomson Reuters - Elite Business Development Customer Solutions team. A good candidate should have a passion for and experience with Microsoft Exchange, Dynamics 365 and Web/UI technologies. A strong understanding of the Microsoft Azure Cloud Framework, and CRM is highly desired. One key responsibility is the ability to implement customer solutions for Microsoft Azure cloud based applications, which includes but it not limited to provisioning environments in a multi-tenant cloud framework and upgrading them as needed. They will also create detailed technical designs using best practices for any client customizations and then implement them with little help.
The majority of development is going to be on the Microsoft.NET stack with C#.
Elite Business Development, part of the Elite business within Thomson Reuters, is the leading provider of marketing and business development IT solutions for law firms and other professional services organizations. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver a comprehensive set of solutions including Web communications, relationship and contact management, and experience management as well as proposal generation. Today, more than 300 organizations worldwide, including NLJ 250, AmLaw 100 and Global 50 law firms, trust Thomson Reuters - Elite to provide the tools they need to succeed.
- Design and develop technology and applications using the .NET Framework
- Play a key lead role in the complete software development lifecycle of the Elite Business Development (Classic) product, including analysis, design, coding, unit testing and debugging, and documentation.
- Design and develop the presentation layer across multiple products.
- Participate in product requirement and design reviews with product managers and other engineers.
- Perform in a team-lead role effectively managing multiple priorities for a team of software developers.
- Facilitate and guide initiatives for improving development processes.
- Perform mentoring and peer reviews.
- Responsible for designing and implementing applications based on a varying degree of functional specifications.
- Successfully manage and execute multiple implementations at once
- Communicate implementation deliverables in weekly team meetings and to all stakeholders as required
- Learn and keep up with all aspects of product releases in order to communicate them effectively to customers
- Maintain communication with customers throughout implementation, providing both follow-up emails and status updates, holding all parties accountable on progress
- Uncover client needs, prepare a course of action and effectively deliver the information both internally and externally
- Be able to quickly adapt to new technologies and processes.
- Work in a test-driven development environment.
- Develop time-estimates for work assignments.
- Accurately determine, assign, track and manage project task, activity, documentation, time information per internal standards.
- Create documentation, user guides, process steps and workflows as required.
- Assist with creation and management of KPI's and metrics to track operational expectations associated to implementations.
- Understand high level business requirements and produce technical specifications, designs and architectures.
- Work with other teams members effectively and with minimal supervision.
- Lend support to various business and technology teams as necessary during design, development and delivery to ensure solid, scalable, robust solutions.
- BS or MS in computer science, or equivalent.
- 8 years of enterprise software development experience.
- Microsoft .Net 2.0, 3.5, 4.0 experience (ASP.NET, C#, ADO.NET) required.
- Experience with Test Driven Development and Unit Test Frameworks a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with clients, and across internal groups to drive both organizational and team performance
- Ability to act with urgency, drive innovation and take educated risks.
- Ability to travel for onsite implementation work as needed.
- Track record of superior performance.
- Comfortable with complex data structures and algorithms, and absorbing new technologies quickly.
- Passion to build great software.
- Experience managing application lifecycle with Microsoft Team Foundation Server 2013 is a huge plus.
- Comfortable writing SQL queries. Experience with SQL Server a plus.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top