Sr Content & Curriculum Designer
Senior Instructional Designer
- Do you have a successful track record employing Instructional Design methodologies to propose and implement learning solutions for software product training?
- Have you been responsible for the design of training curriculums?
- Are you an expert in Adobe Captivate, Articulate, Camtasia and other eLearning tools utilized for content development?
- Do you have strong project management skills and the ability to keep up with multiple projects in a fast-paced environment?
- Are you a great teammate with good communication skills?
- Are you comfortable and confident when communicating with clients and various levels of the organization?
We are looking for an experienced, creative, and forward-thinking learning professional to design and develop training curriculum and content that will meet the needs of next-generation learners for the ONESOURCE product suite. Our primary learners include Corporate Clients, Accounting Firms, Certified Implementers, and Internal Users. This visible role focuses on customer-facing product and process training delivered through ONESOURCE University.
The Senior Instructional Designer will report into the Manager, Curriculum and Content Development as part of the ONESOURCE University Curriculum and Content Development team. They will work closely with the ONESOURCE University team, leadership, key partners, subject matter experts (SMEs) and customers to build instructor-led training, eLearning, live web-based learning sessions, blended solutions, learning guides and support materials following proven instructional design methodologies and processes. Strong interpersonal, written, and visual communication skills are required to effectively lead, develop and deliver customer focused learning programs. The ability to resolve appropriate delivery type (i.e. instructor-led, web, eLearning, etc.) for various types of content and bring together text, images, video and audio to train and certify our customers is critical. Proven mastery of learning technologies - Captivate, Articulate Storyline, Articulate 360, Adobe Creative Suite, Camtasia, SnagIt, WebEx and other emerging learning development software - and the commitment to seek the best tools is crucial to the Senior Instructional Designer role.
- Understands business and product objectives and identify and recommend effective learning solutions to meet business goals, drive revenue, increase learning effectiveness and satisfaction
- Participates and chips in to development and implementation of curriculum and content development strategies, plans and processes
- Develops and presents Training Project Plans to key partners for approval, including resource needs, timeline, and potential cost estimates
- Reviews and interprets technical documentation and existing course materials for developing instructional materials
- Runs projects and/or participates in curriculum design, instructional design, content writing and course development for specific ILT, eLearning or blended learning programs related to ONESOURCE product suite
- Project manages and/or participates in learning needs analysis, curriculum mapping, design, writing, development, testing, implementation and evaluation of all training materials
- Designs and develops cutting edge, graphically rich, engaging learning deliverables for all delivery types (i.e. instructor led, eLearning, etc.)
- Exercises sound judgement when figuring out appropriate learning solutions, training delivery methods and evaluation criteria, based on inputs, objectives and desired outcomes
- Understands content structure and how curriculums, courses, modules, learning objectives and assessment questions are designed to transfer and validate knowledge
- Collaborates closely with key stakeholders, subject matter experts, management, and other parts of the overall business
- Delivers on both project management of resources and hands-on content development, while handling simultaneous projects
- Takes a customer-focused (internal and/or external) approach to problem solving
- Knows, understands and can apply NASBA CPE guidelines and standards for Instructor-led Group-Live, Group Internet-based and QAS Self-Study courses
- Works closely with ONESOURCE University trainers on delivery approach and implementation of training materials
- Actively develops ONESOURCE product knowledge, and participates in readiness activities to stay abreast of product enhancements and training deliverables
- BS or MA degree in Instructional Design, Educational Technology or similar
- 5 to 8 years of Instructional Design experience in a training, educational, and/or development group; Experience with similar industry and customer-facing training focus preferable
- Advanced knowledge of multimedia authoring tools such as Adobe Captivate and/or other Adobe tools (Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.), Articulate Storyline, and other eLearning authoring tools
- Ability to design or build dynamic and engaging content (instructor-led, eLearning and blended content) that incorporates both design elements and effective learning principles for an optimum learning experience
- Strong project management skills and able to successfully multi-task, set priorities, and meet timelines
- Demonstrated knowledge of applied adult learning theory, instructional design, organizational metrics, learning management systems, and organizational development strategies
- Strong interpersonal skills including validated ability to collaborate with teams and individuals at all organizational levels
- Strong problem-solving skills; ability to see details and larger picture
- Visual design skills and the ability to storyboard
- Working towards trying new ways of sharing learning content with learners
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Carrollton-Texas-United States of America
Back to top