Sr. Business Operations Analyst
Assist with the development and management of legal research products and coordinate business operations with technology teams to improve delivery of products to our customers. This position requires someone who is passionate about understanding our business systems, will deliver superior results consistently and works well across the organization.
This individual will drive and improve effectiveness of Business Operations, Technology and PM&E interactions in the areas of project planning, development and launch of complex projects.
- Develop and manage business operations program identifying optimization opportunities from early planning throughout execution.
- Identifies and effectively engages all stakeholders, provides visibility and transparency to projects so that issue mitigation and decision making can be done in a timely manner.
- Supports business operations definition and planning through new product development, product launch and end of life cycle.
- Leads analysis and ensures all impacts of dependencies are addressed in the overall project plan.
- Effectively works across the organization to ensure all dependent teams are aligned with the project plans and schedules.
- Manages stakeholder relationships and ensure strong communication plans, both within and externally to the team.
- Directs and influences cross-functional teams in order to ensure dependencies for project, product or service delivery are met.
- Identifies, assesses, communicates, and facilitates mitigation planning of projects risks.
- Develop new and unique ways to improve business operations collaboration within the organization.
- Participate in cross-functional product development teams to deliver new features and enhancements, including technology, R&D, product management, content operations, finance, marketing, customer service, testing, billing and account management.
- Provide product oversight, including troubleshooting and quality assurance testing of products and enhancements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Ideal candidates should have:
- Bachelor's Degree required.Candidates with degrees in Business Administration or Operations Management preferred.
- 5 years of experience in business operations
- 3 years SAP function and development and TR billing models
- Genuine interest in product development desired
- High-energy, passionate, and proven track record of delivering results
- Strong verbal communication skills including the ability to influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization
- Excellent written communication skills, including experience writing customer-facing (internal and external) value propositions and other product documentation
- Proven track record managing multiple projects and competing priorities
- Strong project management capabilities
- Ability to drive initiatives independently based on predetermined goals
- Experience effectively managing project team conflicts, building collaborative partnerships with stakeholders, and commitment to make decisions
- Background in working with business operations, product and technology cross-functional teams to plan and execute
- Ability to define, document and manage smaller-scale projects with minimal supervision, working with multiple teams that may have differing priorities and working/cultural practices
- Background in product and development life cycles – across product definition, software development, production implementation and support operations
- Experience working within a global organization with a track record of being able to set priorities and respond to changes rapidly
- Ability to assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and enhance organizational effectiveness.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top