Sr. Business Analyst
The purpose of the Sr. Business Analyst role is to provide support to Editorial and Operations groups to meet their tracking, reporting and overall governance needs. The Sr. Business Analyst will assist in establishing operational and quality controls to ensure customer and business deliverables are met or exceeded.
The Business Analyst will be responsible for the development and implementation of metrics and tracking, design dashboards to monitor organization and process health. This role will also be responsible for monitoring targets and criteria for success; streamlining and highlighting those measurements and risks most critical for our customers. This role will serve as an individual contributor, reporting directly to Sr. Director, Editorial Governance.
Description of Role
- Work across complex workflows involving multiple business groups, including global teams, to identify, develop and drive process improvements.
- Deliver on business change projects and deliverables by applying business analysis techniques, including but not limited to process mapping, business process modeling and continuous improvement techniques (Lean, 6-Sigma, Kaizen, etc.).
- Drive process improvements across business operations teams both domestic and global locations.
- Perform assessments of operational workflow to identify scale and efficiency gains across the organization.
- Leads process redesign workshops.
- Design, develop and recommend metrics (including data, business performance and service metrics) to identify pain points and drive improvement in overall quality and efficiency.
- Elicit, organize, analyze, and prioritize information to highlight overall operational health, identify risks and recommend solutions.
- May also engage in deep data analytics or development and facilitation of quality assurance and quality control processes and programs.
- Performs scheduled work items such as: design, test, delivery and support performance metrics and monitoring.
- Facilitates process analysis initiatives.
- Monitors, measures and provides feedback and recommendations on process performance.
- Identifies opportunities for optimizing business productivity and ensure data integrity expertise throughout the process.
- Drives review and documentation of existing processes and deliverables.
- Documents findings of data analysis and prepares recommendations for change.
- Creates statistical analyses that answer business questions.
- Monitors targets and criteria for success.
- Measures, monitors and documents productivity, cost, quality and other impacts of business and/or process changes.
- Works with management to prioritize business and information needs.
- Develops strong relationships with business partners and stakeholders. Collaborate with them to translate information into executable strategies and operational plans that support and drive objectives.
- Build understanding of business, customer, processes and systems (domain).
- May lead the identification of auditing, root cause analysis and other quality assurance activities.
- May be tasked with documenting quality standards and setting structure for error tracking and quality program analysis
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- 5 years experience in process analysis, statistical analytics, application of continuous process improvement (e.g., Kaizen, Lean, 6-sigma, etc.) techniques, quantitative analysis and/or BI analysis and tools (Power BI, Business Objects, Tableau, etc.) required.
- Process improvement certifications (e.g., CCBA, CBAP, CQIA, CSSGB/BB, CPP, BPM and/or Lean) preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience in leading process design and process improvement activities.
- Experience in applying a systems thinking approach to analysis.
- Experience in deep data analytics and/or quality assurance program and control development preferred.
- Experience leading and influencing across a matrix organization preferred.
- Expertise in using statistical analysis concepts and tools to solve complex problems.
- Exceptional analytical and communications skills, exhibiting strong verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to influence internal and external audiences.
- Proven problem solving skills with a positive, solutions-oriented mindset.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Visio and other tools for analysis and reporting.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top