Sponsorship Sales Executive
Global Growth Organization (GGO), ASEAN and North Asia (ANA)
Legal Media Business
The Global Growth Organization (GGO) works with our business units to combine our global capabilities and to expand our local presence in countries where we believe the greatest growth opportunities exist. GGO is core to Thomson Reuters' overall strategy to accelerate in high growth market segments. The ASEAN & North Asia region is one of the fastest growing and most dynamic markets, and serves as a growth engine for Thomson Reuters in the Asia Pacific region and beyond.
The Sales Executive is responsible for business development for print and online advertising, and sponsorship across events within allocated markets. This is a hunter's role and will focus mainly on developing new accounts and accelerating the business. The role includes identifying potential new customers, cold calling, conducting face to face meetings, providing product demonstrations, negotiating and closing contracts. The role also requires you to see through the sales process and working closely with the support teams to deliver an excellent customer experience. This is a regional role and traveling within Asia is to be expected.
• A self starter with strong ownership and accountability to achieve revenue targets independently and quickly
• Identify prospects and communicate effectively on our value propositions
• Ability to address a client's pain points and turn it effectively into a customized solution for the client
• Responsible for accounts closed, maintaining and growing these customer relationships and keeping high visibility with key accounts.
• Collaborate and work closely with internal publishing and event teams to deliver a strong customer experience
• Strong pipeline management, good sense of business acumen and a good understanding of the advertising and sponsorship cycles
• Provide timely and accurate sales report, and communicate clearly on pipeline progress, account risk and forecast
• Monitor the advertising and sponsorship of competitive publications or sites
Skills and Experience Required:
• Degree or above
• 2 to 4 years of regional sales experience
• Relevant experience in Asia, fluency in English is a must, advantageous to speak at least 1 other local language
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Preference for candidates with media sales experience within B2B Publishing or Conference/ Events companies
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top