Specialist, Incident Management
Thomson Reuters (Markets) LLC
717 Office Parkway, Creve Coeur, MO 63141
Specialist, Incident Management (Creve Coeur, MO)
The Incident Management function team is a subset of the Application Operations Department, which operates a global network of 10k computing, routing and storage devices that process and disseminate real-time information to a customer network of 1m users. Thomson Reuters customers in ~140 countries subscribe to this content in a multitude of ways, and the team performs monitoring, corrective actions, changes and implementation tasks that enable these customers to maintain constant and low latency connection with this data. Critical functions include rapid detection, fault isolation, recovery management and incident management to achieve high service availability and accurate reporting on disruptions and any degree of degradation pertaining to input, processing or distribution.
Ensure that major incidents are handled effectively and professionally, resulting in the restoration of normal service quickly, efficiently and with minimal impact to customer service.
- Handle management of incidents involving systems and/or applications which require immediate customer support.
- Engage with cross-functional teams to prioritize tasks during service restoration/risk mitigation, ensuring that the right talent is engaged and utilized at the appropriate level in order to achieve successful outcomes.
- Ensure correct inputs to the Problem Management process.
- Provide regular updates to the communications manager(s) for distribution during an incident.
- Gather information and facilitate the decision making process of granting approval for immediate change requests to systems with input from the appropriate teams, understanding the potential impact to production systems prior to approval.
- Ensure timely incident escalation through to the appropriate severity Level.
- Assist in the creation and review of all incident management checklists, logs and tickets on a daily basis, providing follow-up actions and feedback as necessary.
- Prepare metrics and presentations on the availability and status of production systems and incident management projects/work items.
- Create, maintain, and recommend changes in incident management, operational procedures, policies, standards, escalation documents, diagrams and all other documentation Incident Managers rely upon.
- Ensuring compliance and support of incident management practices.
- Utilize business and technical knowledge to ensure procedures are in the line with service level agreement requirements.
- Collaborate with other technology groups across company to leverage assets, resources and best practices.
- Create and maintain customer relationships, working with the relevant account teams and service owners to provide incident reporting and feedback to those customers.
- The US hours of coverage for this position are 07:00 to 19:00 Central time Monday through Friday, with the weekends covered by on-call. Current Staffing levels calls for an individual to be on-call one out of every 4 weekends in a month. Other than that, their shift can slide from the morning to afternoon hours.
- May telecommute intermittently (15%) from Creve Coeur, MO metropolitan statistical area.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Bachelor's degree (or foreign equivalent) in Business Administration, Computer Science, or related field plus 5 years of progressive experience in Incident & Problem Management Process.
Experience must include the following, which may be gained concurrently:
1) 5 years' experience in managing operational performance and issues from a customer perspective and ensure appropriate escalations, improvement initiatives, plans are in place.
2) 5 years' experience with a wide range of technology functions on computers and Operating systems with extensive knowledge in application support tools like HP Service Management, Siebel, Service Cloud and its application integrity with PC office automation application skills in WORD, EXCEL, & POWERPOINT.
3) 5 years' experience working in a production/operational environment within an international team.
4) 5 years of experience in Reporting and analysis using MS EXCEL & Power Point.
5) 5 years of experience in TCP/IP communication protocols.
6) Must have ITIL Foundation Certificate and ITIL Operational Support and Analysis Certificate.
7) The US hours of coverage for this position are 07:00 to 19:00 Central time Monday through Friday, with the weekends covered by on-call. Current Staffing levels calls for an individual to be on-call one out of every 4 weekends in a month. Other than that, their shift can slide from the morning to afternoon hours.
8) May telecommute intermittently (15%) from Creve Coeur, MO metropolitan statistical area.
JOB OPPORTUNITY QUALIFIES FOR EMPLOYEE INCENTIVE REFERRAL PROGRAM.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top