Specialist - Equities
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
The FI & FX Specialist is responsible for retaining and growing a portfolio of clients subscribing for market leading products including Thomson Reuters Eikon and Thomson Reuters FX Trading.
This is achieved by successfully:
- Building trusted advisor relationships with clients, understanding their market data needs & workflow, and continuously re-selling the value of the product the client subscribes to.
- Taking complete ownership of your client portfolio, both to retain existing clients and identifying growth opportunities
- Driving product usage & adoption by pro-actively servicing the customer and making their Thomson Reuters product a key part of their daily workflow.
- Promoting new relevant features of the product and encouraging the clients to adopt the latest product versions
- Proactively collecting, analysing and sharing customer feedback with colleagues in the market and product development teams
- Helping clients connect in their financial markets community using Thomson Reuters Eikon Messenger
- Creating and maintaining accurate contact and activity records in the CRM system
- Working closely with colleagues in the account team to deliver great customer service and build strong client loyalty
- Continuously building personal knowledge and maintaining high levels of specialisation in the financial markets, Thomson Reuters products and customer workflows, including completing required certification programs
Is this you?
You thrive on developing great relationships & delivering great service, you like competition and as a result seeing your client base grow. You will earn a competitive salary and a commission, which will be defined by your performance. While a lot of your work is done independently on client site, you are a strong team player and enjoy working in a number of different teams. You like seeing the results of your work and it all starts with your pro-active attitude & mindset. Prioritizing your work and how to spend your time efficiently comes naturally to you. The financial markets, the expectations of our clients & our products move fast, and you are keen to learn and develop at the same fast pace. Your natural curiosity will help you deepen connections with your clients, solve your clients' challenges and help us develop our product even faster.
Required Skills and Experiences:
- Strong knowledge of financial markets especially in fixed income (credit and rates) and FX including trading
- Proven track record of growing and retaining customers in a Sales environment
- Excellent relationship management and customer service skills
- First-rate presentation skills (verbal & written)
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Excel ™
Desired Skills & Experiences:
- Working within a matrix organisation
- Working knowledge in Thomson Reuters products and services (e.g.Thomson Reuters Eikon)
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top