Specialist - Eikon Consulting
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Specialist – Eikon Consulting
An exciting opportunity exists as a Specialist within the Thomson Reuters Sales team in the Financial and Risk division. The Specialist Team's responsibility is to retain and grow the number of clients that subscribe to Thomson Reuters Eikon and other financial information products. The Eikon Consulting Team are experts in their field and act as trusted partners internally and externally to ensure Europe North's hit's its revenue targets. Together with other members of the sales team, the Specialist builds client loyalty by delivering great service.
The Specialist will develop first class customer service and sales skills. The role also gives the opportunity to become an expert in the financial/market data industry.
- The Specialist is responsible for converting competitor workspaces/spreadsheets to Thomson Reuters strategic offering.
- The Specialist is responsible for migrating workspaces/spreadsheets from legacy Thomson Reuters offerings to the strategic offering.
- Supporting the wider Specialist team with your expertise when needed with new sales/retention efforts.
This is achieved by successfully:
- Becoming an Eikon/DFO expert. Fully understanding the capabilities of Thomson Reuters strategic product across all customer workflows.
- High level excel skills. Fully understanding how Thomson Reuters products interact with excel. Spreadsheet building capabilities.
- Building trusted adviser relationships with clients (internal and External), understanding their market data needs & workflow, and continuously re-selling the value of the product the client subscribes to.
- Driving product usage & adoption by pro-actively servicing the customer and making their Thomson Reuters product a key part of their daily workflow.
- Promoting new relevant features of the product and encouraging clients to adopt the latest product versions
- Proactively collecting, analysing and sharing customer feedback with colleagues in the market and product development teams
- Helping clients connect in their financial markets community using Thomson Reuters Eikon Messenger
- Creating and maintaining accurate contact and activity records in the CRM system
- Working closely with colleagues in the account teams to deliver great customer service and build strong client loyalty
- Continuously building personal knowledge and maintaining high levels of specialization in the financial markets, Thomson Reuters products and customer workflows, including completing required certification programs
Is this you?
You thrive on delivering great service, you like competition and as a result seeing our client base grow. You enjoy working with excel and financial services software tools. You will earn a competitive salary and a commission, which will be defined by your performance. While a lot of your work is done independently on client site, you are a strong team player and enjoy working in a number of different teams. You like seeing the results of your work and it all starts with your pro-active attitude & mindset. Prioritising your work and how to spend your time efficiently comes naturally to you. The financial markets, the expectations of our clients & our products move fast, and you are keen to learn and develop at the same fast pace. Your natural curiosity will help you deepen connections with our clients, solve our clients' challenges and help us develop our product even faster.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Strong knowledge of financial markets
- Very good skills in Microsoft Excel (TM)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Working knowledge in relevant products welcome (e.g.Thomson Reuters Eikon)
- University level degree is desired
- Relevant financial markets qualifications (e.g. CFA, IMC, ACI, ICMA) are a plus
- Microsoft Office certifications are also a plus
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top