Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Sourcing Manager – PRIMARY OBJECTIVES
To source software (including Software as a Service) and hardware in support of global goals. Must be able to deliver projects in order to support the Thomson Reuters business objectives by delivering optimal cost and value benefits to the company. Will be responsible for managing key assigned suppliers including competitive market research, RFX opportunity identification and contract negotiations.
Must be able to influence and win support from senior sourcing executives and key stakeholders within the company.
Must have a clear understanding of stakeholder needs and technical aspects of the sourcing function and related policies in order to organize, develop and manage projects efficiently to deliver products and services to internal clients.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Work as a team leader or team member in the Request for Proposal (RFP) process, researching stakeholder requirements, documenting RFP, and coordinating all surrounding activities
- Ensure best practices are followed in the acquisition of goods or services by recommending appropriate suppliers, costs, and processes
- Evaluate and analyze supplier proposals
- Review, redline, and negotiate contracts. Possess knowledge of software and hardware contracts and contract terminology in order to mitigate risks
- Negotiate commercial terms in order to obtain savings
- Lead or participate in project teams, working with stakeholders and sourcing management
- Develop and maintain supplier relationships in partnership with vendor management
- Participate in vendor performance reviews with key suppliers and internal stakeholders in partnership with vendor management to evaluate supplier performance and make recommendations to address issues and leverage opportunities
- Create category plans and supplier profiles
- Work with and across stakeholder groups to define needs and aggregate wherever possible
- Act as liaison between the stakeholder and the supplier to determine optimal approach to meeting validated business requirements
- Provide feedback to stakeholders and management regarding status of projects and initiatives
- Provide education and guidance to stakeholders regarding value of adopting and complying with purchasing policies, procedures, tools, and processes
- Build strong stakeholder relationships in order to become an integral sourcing partner to help meet their business requirements
- Must have good knowledge of various sourcing practices and tools, and lead/support efforts to enhance the value of sourcing to the organization
- Perform analysis of spend data and process metrics to proactively recommend improvements
- Extend the reach of Sourcing by exercising appropriate influence within project teams, customer groups, and peer groups
- Create or lead project teams, or directly address specific sourcing issues, working with stakeholders and sourcing management to reach resolutions
- Ensure sourcing guidelines are understood and adhered to
- Ensure all standards as defined by the Sourcing department are followed and enforced
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge of IT software and hardware categories and supply markets
- Professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of software and licensing contract terminology
- Proven negotiation, drafting and redlining skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects within tight timelines
- Ability to manage workload independently
- Knowledge of sourcing principles
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Strong skill in use of Microsoft Office
- Five plus years of strategic sourcing experience including but not limited to category level responsibilities in software and other IT categories.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. JD highly desirable.
- Some travel required as necessary. Up to 5%
The above information indicated on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications or competencies required of employees assigned to this job.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top