Solutions Specialist, Regulatory & Risk Sales
The Growth Vector Sales Specialist is responsible for new business development/prospecting within existing and new customer account relationships by expanding into new departments and customer groups for Thomson Reuters Reg Insight & Workflow opportunities.
The Sales Specialist must have deep domain knowledge of software solutions and related products, markets, industry professionals, trends, and competitors for their assigned Growth Vector. Through the deployment of a consultative sales process, the Sales Specialist is accountable for identifying, attracting, qualifying, proposing Solutions, and driving/accelerating sales closings to achieve gross sales targets. This is a quota bearing position that covers a broad customer market segment and assigned territory or coverage area.
The successful candidate will typically have 5-10 years' financial industry and/or software sales experience with a proven track record.
This role is pivotal to the sales process, requiring coordination with colleagues in Specialist Sales, Account Management, Design & Manage, Go To Market and other teams within Thomson Reuters, as well as with third-party partners. To be successful you will need a structured but creative approach to problem solving, have tenacity and the ability to manage multiple stakeholders, spot project risks and opportunities and be able to prioritize quickly.
- Achieve stated activity levels and attain sales targets
- Acts as a 'subject matter expert' of product/service and owns this role in the overall sales process
- Drive sales efforts for RI & RCM (Workflow) products
- Manage Campaigns
- Ability to find new opportunities as well cross selling to existing clients
- Respond quickly to customer needs, working with urgency to propose creative solutions that deliver demonstrable value
- Coordinating RFP and RFI responses with cross functional team
- Act as an advocate for customer needs to the business and product teams escalating issues quickly
- Update activities and forecasts in Salesforce.com
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- 5 - 10 years minimum sales experience in the Financial Services Sector and/or software sales.
- Deep domain knowledge and technical expertise in assigned customer segment and related TR products/solutions
- Strong business development, prospecting, and consultative/solutions-based selling skills
- Strong communications, interpersonal, and persuasion skills
- Effective organizational and planning skills
- Emotional resilience and strong negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Strong rolodex of industry contacts for assigned customer market segment
- Undergraduate degree required. MBA or Master's Degree preferred
- Industry licenses or designations welcomed
- Previous experience working in financial services and/software firm
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top