Solutions Sales Business Consultant
The Solution Sales Business Consultant role is a customer-facing business development role, servicing some of the largest and most strategic customers of Thomson Reuters customers, with a focus on the Financial & Risk sector. The mission of this position is to drive revenue and relationship growth by supporting the strategy and execution of the Solution Sales Vector teams, Solution Architects and Regional Account teams to maximize Thomson Reuters impact and value to the customer while growing revenue.
The Solution Sales Business Consultant acts as both a business and strategy manager, responsible for the collection, analysis, and presentation of Solution Sales Opportunity metrics, account review, and sales enhancements. As a core leadership team contributor, the Business Consultant articulates and distributes communications on vector-specific tactical and strategic initiatives, high-level and long-term strategy, and the constant improvement of the customer experience.
Major responsibilities include:
- Support the Head of Solution Sales to increase sales, and actively grow the Solution Development pipeline for the F&R industry.
- Approximately 50% of time is spent on client activities and engagements - including in-person customer meetings and events, development of account sales strategy, preparation for client engagements, development of partnership opportunities and thought leadership.
- Attend approximately 30% of Solution Sales client meetings.
- Provide customers and TR senior leadership with an overview of customers and solutions that resonate with customers, across all BUs; be responsible for promoting collaboration between Solution Sales, Regions and BUs, helping escalate and resolve issues and elevating relationships.
- Provide insight, analysis and support to the Head of Solution Sales in commercial, strategic partnership conversations with key accounts in the form of proposal support for new opportunities, analysis and planning for renewals, strategy and thought leadership sessions.
- Act as regional point of contact on behalf of the Head of Solution Sales with the virtual team across Thomson Reuters in the form of both national and global team meetings and calls, communications and in support of the strategy for the customers.
- Actively develop best practices for regional Solution Sales account management for Vectors.
- Bring the voice of the customer back into TR by feeding back key concerns of our customers to TR senior leadership to help TR adapt to our customer needs, applying our learning to other accounts within the sector and other corporate accounts.
- Develop Sales strategy and provide support for the entire sales cycle.
- Conduct business and strategy analysis, financial analysis and budget forecasting of data provided by the Finance & Operations team
- Own and lead the Sales Campaign planning with the GTM Solution Sales leadership and virtual team members.
- Research and profile customer organizational structures and areas of focus for C-suite engagement
- Serve as core knowledge resource
- Manage the GTMA and summer intern program for Solution Sales.
- Help create and implement the Solution Sales and Solution Architects new hire and certification training program with the Learning Development team.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Masters degree in Business Administration (or Bachelor's degree in related field plus two years experience)
- Business and industry knowledge
- Prior experience in a strategy or business operating role within a top tier company; F&R experience preferable
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively & strategically on complex business issues of significant impact within an organization
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with multiple stakeholder groups and cross functional teams under time pressures and changing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work with global teams
- Project management skills
- Effective decision making ability
- Effective partnering and inter-personal skills to interface with customers, key stakeholders, executives, subject matter experts across client
- Strong understanding of MS office products: Excel, PowerPoint and MS Word
- Requires steep learning curve, strong entrepreneurship as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Traveling required (20%)
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top