Solutions Consultant, Risk
Solutions Consultant- Risk
Financial and Risk
Go to Market (GTM)- Asia
The Solutions Consultant is part of the Pre-Sales function providing deep domain knowledge and solution design expertise throughout the sales cycle. The Solutions Consultant supports customer engagements via activities such as gathering requirements, solution design, developing proof of concepts, demonstrating solution capabilities and specifying deliverables in the Statement of Work. The Solutions Consultant works in close partnership with the Solution Sales Specialist by focusing on contractual and commercial engagements with the customer. This role is also critical in the handover of the engagement to the implementation/delivery team post signature, helping ensure continuity between specification and delivery.
Solutions and services supported by the Pre-Sales team cut across the full spectrum of capabilities within the Thomson Reuters Financial & Risk portfolio, so Solutions Consultants typically have a mix of technical, product and customer workflow expertise in areas of Risk and Compliance. This position is a Presales specialist role, responsible for utilizing a pre and post sales model to identify the right offerings that may drive sales and increase customer retention. You will work with the regional sales team as well as the product proposition team to deliver high quality product and service to Thomson Reuters' customers. You will be the product expert to help both internal sales team and external clients better understand the solution that we propose to clients. And you will act as a trusted adviser to your customers, consult with them and determine the best solution that your client needs. To be successful you will need a structured but creative approach to problem solving, have tenacity and the ability to manage multiple stakeholders, spot project risks and opportunities and be able to prioritise quickly.
- Pre-sales resource that provides technical expertise throughout the sales process
- Provide Thomson Reuters' compliance products such as KYC Screening and Transaction monitoring solution to clients
- Partners with sales team to drive sales, develop proof of concepts and confirm technical feasibility of Risk products within a customer's environment
- Creating high-quality, feasible proof of concepts for potential clients - Increased response rates to RFPs or RFIs and help increase win rates
- Meet team and product-specific revenue goals - Increased penetration of products and services into accounts - Improved technical acumen of sales team
- Serve as a technical liaison between sales and customers. Ensure effective and efficient cross-team collaboration - Support sales team throughout the sales process by providing technical expertis
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications, etc.
- Gains customer acceptance by explaining or demonstrating value propositions
- Identifies current and future customer service requirements by building personal rapport with potential & actual customers
Experience and Qualifications Required
The successful candidate will typically have 5+ years' financial industry experience with a proven track record in supporting the sale of software solutions in complex and challenging environments. This role is pivotal to the sales process, requiring coordination with colleagues in Specialist Sales, Account Management, Product Management, Solutions Delivery and other teams within Thomson Reuters, as well as with third-party partners.
- University degree with Information Technology or Engineer background
- Understand SQL database, common programming and scripting languages
- Previous pre-sales experience over software and technical product is highly valued
- Good presentation and communication skill
- Good knowledge of product selling cycle
- You will need to understand the basic programming and database languages such as VB, JAVA, C or C++, MSSQL
- Knowledge over web protocols such as HTTP, XML, and JSON
- Knowledge over Compliance and Regulatory Risk, and also knowledge of how compliance office operates in financial industry
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Hong Kong-Hong Kong
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top