Solutions Consultant, Global Tax
Business Unit：Tax & Accounting
Department：Global Growth Organization, ASEAN & North Asia, Solution Consultant Team(Global Tax)
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
The Global Growth Organization (GGO) works with our business units to combine our global capabilities and to expand our local presence in countries where we believe the greatest growth opportunities exist. GGO is core to Thomson Reuters' overall strategy to accelerate in high growth market segments. The ASEAN & North Asia region is one of the fastest growing and most dynamic markets, and serves as a growth engine for Thomson Reuters in the Asia Pacific region and beyond.
About the Role
We are seeking somebody passionate about international tax and technology to help Japanese companies enjoy the benefits of tax automation: Increasing efficiency, ensuring compliance and saving costs.
Thomson Reuters ONESOURCE suite offers comprehensive global tax management solutions that provide tax compliance information and tax facilitation tools, allowing global tax professionals confidence and efficiency in compliance. Built with world-class technology and backed by leading industry experts, ONESOURCE suite simplifies the entire global tax management process by automating routine tasks and opening up the opportunity for professionals to focus on value-added activities.
In Japan, our tax workflow and transfer pricing solutions are most popular with major Japanese companies paying increased attention to tax compliance and optimization. You would help us address customer needs and grow our customer base through the following means:
- Sales Support (70% of time) – work with our sales team as an expert solutions consultant specialized in our tax products. You will share a target with the sales team and will support them through pre-sales activities including meeting materials preparation, expert advice, deep-dive needs assessments, demonstrations and proposals.
- Market Development & Thought Leadership (15% of time)- work with sales and marketing teams to execute and provide expertise to support our market development efforts. Contribute to local marketing materials development and use your Japanese tax expertise to share insights with our customers and internal teams. Speak as a thought leader at live and virtual events. Collaborate with key partners like Big 4 accounting firms and systems integrators
- Local Product & Market Expertise (10% of time) – capture feedback from customers and monitor regulatory changes that necessitate product changes. Work with global product management teams to ensure our products meet local needs.
- Invest & Collaborate with the Team (5% ) - you will be at the intersection of a local Japanese market-facing team and a global organization driving growth of our global tax solutions. Be an internal and external advocate for these exciting solutions and get others excited.
As part of an early stage business in Japan, you have an opportunity to make your personal mark by helping companies operating in your country to improve their global tax and customs processes.
- The candidate must have customer-facing experience in consulting, sales, or services environments
- Solid hands-on experience with International Tax in Japan. In particular, BEPS, transfer pricing and corporate taxation are areas of interest
- Experience working with technology and automated systems to improve business and compliance processes
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred.
- Native speaker of Japanese and fluent in English.
- Additional languages considered a plus, particularly other Asian languages.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Customer oriented & customer facing experience
- Strong holistic understanding of tax compliance procedures and regulations
- Process mapping techniques
- Confident presentation skills (Japanese)
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Entrepreneurial and willing to work with a new product in a fast-paced internal start-up environment
As an employer we strive to provide every employee with a positive working environment, continued professional development, a commitment to work-life balance, and equal opportunities. As a diverse, global leader, we actively encourage career advancement through internal promotions and segment opportunities.
If you are a talented professional, passionate about what you do, and want to work in a company that can support your growth, we want to hear from you.
If you would like to find out more about Thomson Reuters please visit our careers site, https://www.thomsonreuters.com/en/careers.html
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top