Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Solutions Architecture forms part of the Enterprise Cloud Technology group in Enterprise Technology & Operations (ET&O) and is a key function in the delivery of technology services in Public Cloud and Thomson Reuters owned data centers to business units and partners.
Position Title: Solutions Architect
We are looking for a Solutions Architect to join the Financial and Risk (F&R) aligned Solutions Architecture team and support the adoption and delivery of technology services and solutions in Public Cloud and Thomson Reuters owned data centers.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Maintain engagements and close relationships with F&R CTO Development and Architecture leads
- Understand F&R technology landscapes and future requirements
- Clearly communicate, evangelize and drive adoption of on-premise standards and processes
- Work with F&R development and architecture teams to make cost effective, scalable and resilient infrastructure and application design choices that meet the business unit's needs
- Contribute to standards and processes for on-premise and Public Cloud services
- Drive life-cycle management (LCM) and standardisation of legacy environments
- F&R CTO Development and Architecture leads
- Enterprise Cloud Technology colleagues
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Effective at building strong collaborative relationships based on mutual respect
- Technical proficiency in multiple areas of data center technologies. e.g. database, network, platform, middleware, low-latency/real-time, storage, Linux/Unix and Microsoft infrastructure technologies.
- Understand how future technology adoption would affect F&R products
- Understand Enterprise Technology capabilities and recommend them as solutions application problems. e.g. TR wide identity or authentication solutions
- Understand current development methodologies; e.g. agile, test driven development, continuous delivery
- Passionate about technology and provide insights in team meetings about direction and implications of technologies
- Team player with high integrity, accountability; detail orientated with ability see the 'big picture'
- Mentor less senior members of the architecture and technology community
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Infrastructure/Platform technologies
- Software/Application development experience
- Public Cloud platforms and technologies
- Technology related degree preferred, but not required
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit tr.com/careers.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top