Solution Sales Specialist - Tax Solutions
Solution Sales Professional-Global Tax
The Solution Specialist Sales Team is responsible for driving sales of Global Tax Technology into Large and Medium Enterprise Businesses.
The Solution Specialist is responsible to develop and lead opportunities with Customers. They are "business applications sales experts" and drive the sales cycle forward at all stages through their deep understanding of Business solutions selling to the targeted BDMs (Business Decision Makers). Prospecting and opportunity leadership requires Solution Specialists to build tight segment alignment with Tax and Account Business plans and to work closely with other Enterprise Account Team Unit within Thomson Reuters (TR) to ensure they are uncovering Business applications opportunities focused on defined Industry Workloads and scenarios.
The Solution Specialist exists to deliver Leadership across the 5 Practice Areas below:
Planning – engages with business segments, partners and marketing to ensure Global Tax Technology sales opportunities are identified and targeted
Pursuit Leadership/Execution – Leverages focus Industries, Existing Customer connects within TR and Competitor knowledge to develop, communicate and execute winning pursuit strategies
Value Selling – Understands the customer's economic drivers, effectively builds customer relationships with a wide range of customer influencers and participates in impactful conversations that frame the way Customers think about their business effectively positioning Global Tax Technology to deliver value
Enterprise Connect – Engages and leverages other LOB's existing customer connect including Partners connect to both win business and develop new markets
Sales Excellence –drives business results through actively prospecting for new business opportunities, maintaining a quality pipeline of opportunities, and consistently delivering on quarterly forecasts
High level functional understanding of tax code selection procedures in SAP / Oracle ERP / Oracle Hyperion.
High level Knowledge of Direct Tax (covering Income Tax returns, Tax Provision, Compliance Management etc) / Indirect tax domain (calculation of tax & return filing along with process knowledge of tax audit).
- Experience in Big 4 – IT advisory could be as advantage.
Business, Account and Territory Planning
- Territory & Account Planning Plans are aligned to Focus Industry and Corporate Accounts plans to be completed by first month of Q1
a) Engage in segment territory planning to identify the top GLOBAL TAX TECHNOLOGY accounts/industry targets
b) Engages in segment account planning for assigned accounts and ensures that GLOBAL TAX TECHNOLOGY opportunities are identified for prospecting
- Key partners & TR Consulting Services identified in the plan have the capabilities to match the market opportunity within the territory
a) Engages with selected Partners/ SI & TR Consulting Services to develop joint account plans that enable GLOBAL TAX TECHNOLOGY solution offering to win projects
- Plans identify marketing planning opportunities for targeted audiences and priority industries for the territory and customer segments
a) Engages with Marketing resources to develop targeted audience marketing that generate awareness, interest and pipeline
- Plans define accounts: Solution Specialist should be proactively driving opportunities where GLOBAL TAX TECHNOLOGY has the highest probability of winning
a) Leverages the GLOBAL TAX TECHNOLOGY Opportunity Plan to clearly define an opportunity in terms of Pain, Power, Vision, Value, and Control
Key Success Criteria:
- Create Solution Specialist Account Plans and prioritize "must win" accounts and review with extended sales team
- Engage with Corporate team and Enterprise connect to drive Discovery Profiling in their Account base
- Conduct and maintain competitive analysis for territory by using all available resources, (internal and external) for must-win accounts and determine compete gaps
o Solution Specialist has completed opportunity plans for 100% of their top and must-win deals.
- This plan clearly communicates the deal attributes (size, close date etc.) as well as Pain, Power, Vision, Value, and Control
- Provide timely feedback to all the relevant stake holder on your list of must win accounts so they can be incorporated into Partner/ Corporate Business Planning,
- Include input from marketing team into territory planning process to ensure marketing events are leveraged within assigned territory
Pursuit Leadership & Execution
- Leverage fluent Industry, Customer, TR, and Competitor knowledge to develop and communicate winning pursuit strategy
a) Why will the customer make a decision? (e.g., Compelling need, Compelling event/timing, Budget and business value)
b) How will the Customer decide? (e.g., Evaluation process, Criteria for decision making,
c) Customer's readiness and resources for this initiative, etc.)
d) Who at the Customer will really decide? (e.g., Evaluation team members, TR internal
e) support / coaches, Senior Executives, Political, and influence map, etc.)
f) What are TR's win-themes to beat the competition [e.g., faster time-to-value, better
g) end-user productivity from broader adoption, better lifecycle TCO (Total Cost of
h) Ownership) etc.?
Assemble high-quality cross-TR and Partner/TR Consulting teams who contribute and execute on the Opportunity Plan
Effectively leads and orchestrates Pursuit team to successfully win and close business
- Uses knowledge of Customer value drivers, competitors and TR's GLOBAL TAX TECHNOLOGY solution strengths/weakness to maximize revenue. Recognizes and effectively dis-engages from inappropriate business
- Deliver impactful Customer conversations that leverage their fluent Industry, Customer and GLOBAL TAX TECHNOLOGY solutions knowledge
a) Solution Specialist reframes the way Customers think about their business and effectively position how GLOBAL TAX TECHNOLOGY will deliver value
- Advise Customer on new aspects about their business including opportunities, risks and alternatives
a) Solution Specialist is comfortable suggesting best practices and provocative insights about changes that Customer should be implementing
b) Solution Specialist creates constructive tension that motivates Customer to make favorable TR decisions
- Effectively build relationships with a wide range of influencers across Customer to gain insight, position solution value and gain support
a) Solution Specialist effectively develops Customer advocates who sell and build consensus on his/her behalf
Understand Customer's economic drivers and effectively integrates these drivers into conversations, solution development, presentations and proposals
- Actively participates on the Customer's Steering committee to ensure successful implementation and Customer is part of Reference Program
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top