Solution Sales Specialist, Legal, Japan
Business Unit: Legal
Department: Global Growth Organization, ASEAN & North Asia
Thomson Reuters is a truly unique business. We are a global enterprise and leading provider of news, information services and technology. Here, your work matters and has the potential to change the world. Every day, Thomson Reuters news, information, technology, and expertise help make great things happen.
We are proud to have been recognized globally as a leading employer based on our commitment to diversity, focus on company culture, work life balance and acts to promote socio-economic progress worldwide through the Thomson Reuters foundation.
About the Role
As Legal Sales Specialist you will be responsible for supporting and executing sales of legal solutions to existing and new customers in the Japan market. Working as part of an Account Team, you will be part of the team responsible for growing Thomson Reuters legal business in the market.
- The Legal Sales Specialist provides product expertise and knowledge during the Sales Cycle to accelerate the opportunity from 'Needs Analysis' phase to 'Generate Contract' phase by supporting the Territory Manager during the opportunity lifecycle.
- In particular the Legal Sales Specialist will support the customer through provision of training and operational support relating to PLC and other Legal solution products and drive the sales through the 'Trial / Demo / Solution Recommended' phase.
- This role is responsible for driving gross sales by proactively developing and helping to close sales opportunities across the full customer base within Japan.
- The successful candidate will typically have a legal background and between 3-4 years' total industry experience.
- Engage in pre-sales activities, conducting demonstrations, providing advice and delivering product expertise during the sales cycle.
- Respond quickly to new leads working with urgency to progress deals through the sales cycle.
- Provide support and advice to both existing customers and trial customers.
- Keep up to date with news and changes in policy, regulations and activities of major players in the industries to have sufficient domain knowledge to lead discussion with customers and present expertise in public.
- Use CRM system to maintain customer and opportunity data with discipline to enhance customer insight and ensure accurate forecasting.
- Assist in key retention situations, bringing domain expertise relevant to the customer – as agreed with the appropriate stakeholders.
- Act as an advocate for customer needs to the business and product team.
Describe any licenses, certifications or educational experiences that are either required or helpful in performing the role. Designate when required.
- Bachelor's degree in Law or legal related background.
- High level of proficiency in using Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint and Word.
- Fluent English.
- 3-4 years' of legal, sales or market experience.
Key competencies and skills
What are the critical competencies and skills that a successful incumbent would possess?
Include in this field areas of domain expertise we need the candidate to bring.
- Creative thinker and ability to generate new ideas.
- Strong presentations skills (both verbal & written).
- Strong customer focus.
- Thought leader in chosen area of domain expertise.
As an employer we strive to provide every employee with a positive working environment, continued professional development, a commitment to work-life balance, and equal opportunities. As a diverse, global leader, we actively encourage career advancement through internal promotions and segment opportunities.
If you are a talented professional, passionate about what you do, and want to work in a company that can support your growth, we want to hear from you.
If you would like to find out more about Thomson Reuters please visit our careers site, http://jobs.thomsonreuters.com/ListJobs/All/Search/tr-full-country-name/japan/?_ga=1.142619573.143894222.149128835
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top