Solution Sales Specialist, Buyside
Sales Specialist, Buyside (Investment Management)
Financial and Risk
Go to Market (GTM)- Asia
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization. Thomson Reuters shares are listed on the Toronto and New York Stock Exchanges.
The primary responsibility of this role is to sell Thomson Reuters desktop, feeds and software solutions into a defined territory (Korea) made up of Investment Management Accounts.
- The Sales Specialist is responsible for new business development within a defined named account territory in the Investment Management industry. The role will involve prospecting for new clients to Thomson Reuters and developing new business opportunities within existing customer account relationships
- Using a consultative sales approach, the Sales Specialist is accountable for uncovering customer challenges, qualifying needs, proposing potential TR solutions that deliver business value to the client's workflow, negotiating commercials and contractual agreements and driving/accelerating sales closure to achieve gross sales targets
- The appropriate candidate will be expected to work very closely with internal resources in order to optimize sales to assigned accounts. This will require establishing strong relationships and collaboration with other Sales Specialists, Account Managers, Client Specialists, Market Development experts and other colleagues
- As an industry expert, a high level of client interaction is critical to achieve the assigned sales target. This will involve cold-calling, attending industry events, running sales campaigns and capitalizing on Thomson Reuters market relationships to develop new pipeline - It is expected that new sales opportunities are created at the rate of at least three times monthly sales target
- Keeping current on all Investment Management products and solutions is paramount. Self-led as well as instructor led courses will be required in order to maintain the appropriate level of product knowledge to sell effectively
Required Skills and Experience
The right candidate must demonstrate deep domain knowledge of the Investment Management industry, challenges, trends, as well the competitive landscape within the IM marketplace.
Required skills and experience include:
- Five plus years excelling in a quota-bearing sales role in the Buyside
- Strong network across the Buyside community in Korea
- Strong business development and prospecting skills in a consultative sales environment
- Inquisitive and curious - Able to understand the wider client workflow to help cross-sell and up-sell
- Effective organizational and planning skills.
- Strong negotiation and problem solving skills.
- History of sales success in a team selling environment.
- Solid understanding of buy-side quant workflow and alpha discovery is highly desirable
- Experience of working with Big Data, Natural Language Processing technologies
- Undergraduate degree
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 55,000 colleagues in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top