Solution Sales Specialist
Solution Sales Specialist
Global Growth Organisation(GGO) ASEAN and North Asia (ANA)
Thomson Reuters provides professionalswith the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trustedanswers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax andaccounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, allpowered by the world's most trusted news organization.
The Global Growth Organization (GGO) works with our business units tocombine our global capabilities and to expand our local presence in countrieswhere we believe the greatest growth opportunities exist. GGO is core toThomson Reuters' overall strategy to accelerate in high growth market segments.The ASEAN & North Asia region is one of the fastest growing and mostdynamic markets, and serves as a growth engine for Thomson Reuters in the AsiaPacific region and beyond.
- The Solution Specialist provides solution and product expertise and knowledge during the Sales Cycle to accelerate the opportunity from 'Needs Analysis' phase to 'Generate Contract' phase by supporting the Account Manager and / or the Partners during the opportunity lifecycle. In particular the Solution Specialist drives the 'Trial / Demo / Solution Recommended' phase.
- This role is responsible for driving gross sales by proactively developing and helping to close solutions sales opportunities across the full customer base within the GGO ANA Region.
- The focus is on helping customers to drive growth and manage costs by delivering solutions that are underpinned by assets.
- Engage in pre-sales activities, providing solution and product expertise during the sales cycle. This generally involves supporting account managers and partners to define and scope the appropriate solution to fulfill customer needs.
- Understand customer BU requirements / needs and find the best solution within Thomson Reuters Services capability to develop a suitable and strong proposal which can create difference from competitors.
- Manage, lead and execute product demos during the customer buying cycle.
- Respond quickly to new leads working with urgency to progress deals through the sales cycle.
- Develop and help to close new opportunities primarily for GGO Region to meet and exceed recurring and outright Gross Sales quotas.
- Keep up to date with news and changes in policy, regulations and activities of major players in the industries to have sufficient domain knowledge to lead discussion with customers and present expertise in public.
- Use Salesforce (Trust) to maintain customer and opportunity data with discipline to enhance customer insight and ensure accurate forecasting.
- Assist in key retention situations, bringing domain expertise relevant to the customer – as agreed with the appropriate stakeholders.
- 6-8 years' of industry, sales or market experience.
- Has a proven track record working in a solutions environment – supporting and/or selling – Identifying opportunities, listening, questioning, developing value and articulating propositions using customers' language and demonstrating customer benefits as part of the sales pitch.
- Experience engaging and negotiating with business stakeholders at a mid to senior level i.e. heads of trading, technology, infrastructure and operations.
- Has successfully supported complex customer situations or in hitting and exceeding aggressive sales targets.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top