Solution Design Lead
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Position: Solution Design Lead
Division: LMS /Proposition Strategy
- Sets long term strategic direction and positioning for key contract life cycle management solutions sets, near term customer requirements, and business case development for Corporate and Financial Institution within Legal Managed Services ("LMS"). Will have a primary focus on Financial Trade Documentation ("FTD") as well as related new initiatives. FTD managed services includes negotiation of documents (ISDA, CSA, GMRA, Repo agreements), Regulatory change management impacting trade documentation, and data quality.
- Contributes to the delivery of the Legal Managed Services business objectives by designing solutions to develop the business and build customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Development of outsourced legal service offerings ensuring operational excellence and better buy and sell side service offerings at lower cost points.
- Provide organizational leadership and expertise regarding the Financial Trade Documentation, customer needs and regulatory drivers.
- Generate customer and competitive insight through direct relationships/interaction with customers and industry.
- Translate insight into key customer needs/opportunities for the service.
- Develop business cases in conjunction with Segment Leadership, Delivery, Sales, Product Development, Marketing, HR and Finance to enable development towards vision.
- Develop value propositions across key bundles of TR solutions.
- Expert guidance on strategy, design, business requirements, feature and functionality tradeoffs and release schedule for a proposition, set of propositions, products, or services.
- Direct and influence cross-functional teams in order to ensure dependencies for proposition, product or service delivery are met.
- Works closely with client team to gather and prioritize client feedback to drive innovation and increase client adoption and retention.
- Work across TR to leverage and legal assets in mutual beneficial ways; support the assessment of build/buy/partner decisions in key solutions sets and drive segment involvement in M&A activity.
- Monitors all aspects of key competitors, analyzing their strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Develop strategies to meet competitive threats and/or develop strategies to achieve competitive advantage.
- Partner within LMS segment with the customer marketing team, which has primary go to market responsibilities, and with Market Development, who have primary thought leadership responsibilities. To create effective solution messaging and establish TR LMS market leadership
- This position requires [15-20%] travel.
Scope & Impact:
- Requires high levels of collaboration and team building across the Segment Leadership, Delivery, Sales, Product Development, Marketing, HR and Finance.
- The role provides insight to the Marketing Function using sophisticated quantitative and qualitative methodologies about the markets, products and services, and customers, and helps to develop both short and long-term strategies for competitive differentiation that contribute to solid business results.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrable experience and understanding of Financial Trade Documentation domain
- In-depth knowledge of the regulatory environment impacting trade documentation
- Customer first orientation with a global understanding and bias.
- Demonstrated ability to work across traditional silos and deliver innovative solutions.
- Ability to understand and technology applications to enhance service offering.
- Ability to drive an indirect team to execute strategy.
- Superior client engagement skills, including ability to build and manage client relationships.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to influence internal and external audiences. Excellent written skills, including experience writing comprehensive business and functional requirements.
- Strong project management, analytical, and prioritization skills.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- Build customer relationships and internal colleagues across Thomson Reuters: Marketing Management Team; Product Management Team, Marketing Operations, Commercials Groups, Sales and Finance.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of Thomson Reuters products and services
- Experience working in a global matrix environment
- Extensive experience in proposition management, solution design strategy
- Bachelors degree required, advanced degree in business or law, preferred
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top