Solution Consulting Manager, South Asia - F&R
This role sits within our Financial & Risk ("F&R") business. On January 30, 2018, Thomson Reuters announced that it signed a definitive agreement to enter into a strategic partnership with private equity funds managed by Blackstone related to the company's F&R business. As part of the transaction, Thomson Reuters has agreed to sell a 55% majority stake in Financial & Risk and will retain a 45% interest in the business. Thomson Reuters will maintain full ownership of its Legal, Tax & Accounting and the Reuters News businesses. The transaction is expected to close in the second half of the year and is subject to specified regulatory approvals and customary closing conditions. When the transaction closes, the role will be included in the new F&R entity. Further information on this can be found at https://www.thomsonreuters.com/en/press-releases/2018/january/thomson-reuters-and-blackstone-announce-strategic-partnership-for-thomson-reuters-financial-and-risk-business.html
The Solutions Consulting (Pre-Sales) function provides deep domain knowledge and solution design expertise throughout the sales cycle by supporting customer engagements via activities such as requirements gathering, solution design, developing & executing proof of concepts, demonstrating solution capabilities and eventually documenting deliverables.
The Solutions Consultants work in close partnership with the Solution Sales who lead the contractual and commercial engagement with the customer and is critical in the handover of the engagement to the implementation/delivery team post signature, helping ensure continuity between specification and delivery.
Solutions and services supported by the Solution Consulting team cut across the full spectrum of capabilities within the Thomson Reuters Financial & Risk portfolio, so Consultants typically have a mix of technical, product and customer workflow expertise in areas such as Treasury Operations, e-Commerce, Risk and Compliance, Quant Analysis, Trade Processing, Big Data, digital & mobile and cloud enabled solutions. Solutions Consulting team is responsible for the solution aspect of the opportunities while leaving contractual and commercial aspects to the Sales.
Solution Consulting Manager, South Asia is a player-manager who will be reporting directly to Solutions Consulting Director, Asia. The manager will be responsible for mentoring the team, ensuring that the team follows best practices and engagement processes that are in place and most importantly, ensures consistency in the quality of engagements with customers and internal stakeholders.
Major Areas of Accountability:
• Own and execute pre-sales activities: for the region by engaging actively with Sales and Account Managers.
• Be responsible for the solution; be accountable for the technical feasibility and contribute actively in analyzing commercial feasibility.
• Engage with customers: understand their requirements through discovery process and map it into the solutions and prove the superiority of the solution to the customers.
• Demo system: build and service demo prototypes by taking into account required customer use cases.
• Presentation and demonstration: enable the team to do effective presentations with the customer by keeping consistently high standards on how to interact with the customers with intention of becoming their trusted advisors.
• Feedback loop: work with product management/proposition/market development team to providing feedback to them about customer asks enabling them to develop solutions which are in line with market expectations.
• Post Sales: work with implementation/professional services team to ensure that pre-sales to post-sales knowledge and engagement transfer is done seamlessly.
• Knowledge Transfer: work with teams outside the region on a periodic basis to transfer knowledge and to improve replicability of solution.
• Networking: actively engage and build network with customers, partners, regulators and thought leaders.
• Training: be responsible for the continuous learning of the team enabling them to deal with demands of ever changing industry and company evolution.
• Identify, lead, mentor and manage talent: relentlessly pursue talent. Be the facilitator and guide for the team, by maintaining high performance culture through talent management, transparency and accountability.
- Having worked in Pre-Sales for at least 5 years, having hands on experience in the day to day handling of various facets of opportunity development such starting with solution qualification, design, proof of concept, RFP process and presentation/demonstration.
- Over 10 years of relevant experience in the financial markets in the areas mentioned in the background session of this document.
- Ability to manage a team of experience consultants; by inspiring them and leading by example.
- Bring best practice knowledge and experience in engaging with long and difficult engagement cycles.
- Knowledge in financial technology and working knowledge in financial markets especially in Capital Markets.
- Experience working in a highly matrixed and multinational environment.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top