Solution Consultant (Remote anywhere in the U.S.)
- Carrollton, TX
Are you looking for a progressive sales career that offers great earnings and growth potential, while working for an industry leader?
As a Solution Consultant at Thomson Reuters you will be responsible for presentations and demonstrations of ONESOURCE functionality (and considered a subject matter expert). The Solution Consultant provides deep tax knowledge throughout the sales cycle. Solution Consultants must also have a working knowledge of global and country-specific rules and legislation, compliance policies and procedures, and the data management and compliance burden placed on multinational corporations.
Please Note: This role can be Remote and based in anywhere in the United States.
You can thrive with a compensation package that provides base salary, plus bonuses, as well as our generous employee benefits, which include paid vacation/sick time annually, comprehensive health/vision/dental plan options, retirement savings with company match, education assistance, health & wellness incentives, etc.
Thomson Reuters is also consistently recognized as a 'Top Employer to Work For' across a broad range of categories, such as Work-Life Balance, Diversity & Inclusion, Opportunities for Women, Culture, Volunteerism.
As a ONESOURCE Solution Consultant, you will be responsible for drawing on the appropriate skills in the areas ofU.S. Tax, tax compliance, business processes, and business operations throughout the sales process.Your knowledge of both taxes and business processes will enable you to document and prepare scenarios and use cases, offering our (prospective) clients practical automation solutions for the demands of determining, calculating, recording, and reporting taxes.
You will manage multiple customer prospects and assist the sales team in developing client business cases to establish a 'tax win' in the overall sales process.In addition, you will actively identify tax process issues for prospective customers, participate in proposal development, help the account team to develop use cases, and lead product demonstrations.Working under the direction of the account executives, you will also determine when and how third-party tax consulting partners (e.g. "Big 4") can assist in the sales process.
- Professionally represent and sell ONESOURCE technology and business services/solutions in conjunction with the existing account sales and management teams to all levels of buyers in the tax and finance organizations of global companies
- Strategic planning, coordination, and execution of demonstrations and presentations of ONESOURCE products and services to current and prospective customers
- Work closely with the Account Executives to achieve sales targets
- Assist Account Executives in the qualification of a potential client's tax situation, opportunity to lower total cost of tax compliance, and strategizing of key accounts and opportunities
- Be able to articulate ONESOURCE' value proposition as it relates to each prospect's unique critical business tax issues using customized solution demonstrations
- Ideation, implementation, and maintenance of demo data including sample transactions and reporting for proofs of concepts as necessary to demonstrate specific functionality for potential prospects
- Maintaining knowledge of global tax landscape including legislative developments, reporting requirements, and competitive technology offerings
- Maintains and continually upgrades technical understanding of products.
- Hands-on involvement during certain phases of the sales process and project management of ONESOURCE resources during the evaluation process.
- Establish strong relationships with customers/client tax professionals and provide business process consulting to ensure clients achieve maximum business return on their use of ONESOURCE solutions/services throughout their sales and implementation cycle.
- Engage in the transition from sales to professional services, ensuring that the expectations in terms of objectives and deliverables are clearly understood and agreed by all parties, in readiness for professional services to kick-off the project.
- Work closely with Product Management to identify industry tax trends, provided feedback and direction from the field, evaluate capability enhancements and validate business cases for future development.
- Liaise with Product and Proposition Management to deliver product/service enhancement presentations and trainings to Sales Teams prior to releases.
- Assist on responses to Request for Proposals and one-off questions from potential customers with detail and professionalism.
- Perform extensive needs analysis and client contact prior to delivery of a focused product demonstration.
- Visit customers and develop relationships with current and prospective customer's Tax and Finance Departments to provide insight and value-add stories to the sales cycle.
- Taking responsibility for the client experience and ensuring that customer excellence is delivered throughout the sales cycle and delivery process.
- Work with Proposition and Marketing on strategy to ensure that our message is being communicated and that the material supports that message and is up-to-date.
- Being the 'face' of the product at events and conferences and developing a detailed knowledge of the product from a user's perspective and ability to explain technical areas of the software to prospects.
- Work with Marketing and the rest of the Solution Consulting team to develop and maintain innovative demonstration tools and service descriptions such as demo sites, scripts, and product documentation.
- Delivery and creation of webcasts for thought leadership initiatives, software releases and enhancements, and various marketing campaigns.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 10 years corporate tax, accounting firm, or related experience
- Minimum of 5 years sales, consulting, services, or project management experience
- Willingness to travel up to 25% to meet with the tax teams of clients and prospective customers
- Bachelor's degree preferred in accounting, finance, taxation or related field
- Experience with ONESOURCE solutions
- Outstanding presentation and verbal/written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and training skills
- Creative problem solver
- Strong tax technical background with specific experience in implementing procedures and tax technology
- Hands-on experience implementing, maintaining, and utilizing calculation models, spreadsheet models, or custom-designed ERP/accounting software models
- An understanding of audit challenges corporations face in managing direct and indirect taxes
- Technically savvy and technology curious
- Quick learner; ability to work independently and self-motivated
- Ability to work in virtual teams, globally
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we've been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world's most global news services - Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Albuquerque-New Mexico-United States of America;Ann Arbor-Michigan-United States of America;Atlanta-Georgia-United States of America;Bingham Farms-Michigan-United States of America
Back to top