Solution Consultant, Quant Analytics
Solution Consultant, Quant Analytics
Financial and Risk
Go to Market – Asia
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
The Pre-Sales function provides deep domain knowledge and solution design expertise throughout the sales cycle by supporting customer engagements via activities such as gathering requirements, solution design, developing proof of concepts, demonstrating solution capabilities and specifying deliverables in the Statement of Work.
The Pre-Sales Consultant works in close partnership with the Sales Specialist who leads the business, contractual and commercial engagement with the customer and the Pre-Sales Consultant is critical in the handover of the engagement to the implementation/delivery team post signature, helping ensure continuity between specification and delivery.
Solutions and services supported by the Pre-Sales team cut across the full spectrum of capabilities within the Thomson Reuters Financial & Risk portfolio, so Pre-Sales Consultants typically have a mix of technical, product and customer workflow expertise in areas such as Treasury Operations, e-Commerce, Risk and Compliance, Quant Analysis, Trade Processing, Data Management and Managed Services solutions.
The successful candidate will typically have 5 years' financial industry experience with a proven track record in supporting the sale of software solutions in complex and challenging environments.
This role is pivotal to the sales process, requiring coordination with colleagues in Specialist Sales, Account Management, Product Management, Solutions Delivery and other teams within Thomson Reuters, as well as with third-party partners. To be successful you will need a structured but creative approach to problem solving, have tenacity and the ability to manage multiple stakeholders, spot project risks and opportunities and be able to prioritise quickly.
- Requirements clarification, specification and documentation
- Solution technical design
- Technical customer presentations
- Proof of Concept delivery including development/integration work
- Product/Solution demonstrations
- Coordination with developers/third parties
- Respond quickly to customer needs, working with urgency to propose creative solutions that deliver demonstrable value
- Coordinating RFP and RFI responses
- Act as an advocate for customer needs to the business and product teams escalating issues quickly
- Managing change control strictly, avoiding scope creep and mismatched expectation
- 5 years of industry experience
- Proven domain expertise in buy side - Identifying opportunities, listening, questioning, clarifying detailed requirements, documenting project scope and presenting to customers
- Strong technical background in financial solutions with experience in design and/or development
- Strong financial markets knowledge with solid understanding of how different market participants interact and connect
- strong quantitative skills; having worked as a quant analyst or equivalent role in a buy side firm.
- Experience engaging and coordinating with business, technical and operations stakeholders
- Creative thinker and ability to generate new ideas
- Strong presentation skills (verbal & written)
- Ability to organize and execute a pre-sales plan and manage stakeholder expectations
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top