Business Unit: Tax and Accounting
The Tax & Accounting business of Thomson Reuters is the leading provider of technology and information solutions, as well as integrated tax compliance software and services to accounting, tax and corporate finance professionals in accounting firms, corporations, law firms and government. Headquartered in Dallas, Tax & Accounting has major operations in Ann Arbor, Dallas, Hyderabad, London, Sydney, and Toronto.
Position Title: Solution Consultant - Transfer Pricing
Location: London, Canary Wharf
Requisition No: JREQ101208
Application End Date: 3rd May 2018
We currently have a need for a Transfer Pricing Solution Consultant in our London office, specializing in Transfer Pricing and Action 13 of BEPS. This role requires the technical knowledge and experience to discuss the complex transfer pricing issues facing multinationals today, understand the complexities created by cross border intercompany transactions and have experienced the immense challenge created by the introduction of BEPS and country by country reporting. A successful candidate will be able to discuss clients tax processes, tax technology needs and providing insight on how to improve and implement processes and technology to resolve challenges and increase operating efficiencies. This role will also be involved in working on scoping projects with customers, which involves interviewing client employees to understand current process, identifying areas of process improvement and detailing the results of the analysis in written form, while relating the value proposition of the product to an individual company. The successful candidate will be working with colleagues around the globe on exciting initiatives in a growth environment.
ONESOURCE (formerly Abacus) is designed to provide tax software solutions for multinational corporations and Accounting professionals. ONESOURCE solutions cover a broad range of taxes including Direct Tax Compliance and reporting, Indirect Tax determination and Compliance, Tax Planning and Workflow Management. (www.onesource.thomsonreuters.com/regions/emea)
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- The specialist will be responsible for representing our transfer pricing products, primarily ONESOURCE Transfer Pricing and ONESOURCE BEPS Action Manager, to current and potential clients.
- Supporting the sales team in selling ONESOURCE Transfer Pricing solutions by providing demo support and assistance on the technical aspects of proposals.
- Being the EMEA product expert for ONESOURCE Transfer Pricing solutions, ensuring that all relevant stakeholders are apprised of latest developments and the product roadmap.
- Working with their Manager and Product Management on the go to market strategy and working with Sales and Marketing to ensure that our message is being communicated and that the material supports that message and is up to date.
- Taking responsibility for the client experience and ensuring that customer excellence is delivered throughout the sales cycle and delivery process.
- Producing and maintaining demo data and examples for the sales teams to use, training the sales team on these, refining these and updating as necessary.
- Training clients where needed.
- Being the 'face' of the product at industry conferences and other events
- Participation in putting together proposals
Solution Consulting Team, Sales Team, Customers, Implementation (Services) Team and Product Management
Technical /Professional Skills & Competencies:
- Extensive experience in global transfer pricing
- Good understanding and ideally solid experience with business data, processes and the application of Transfer Pricing
- Experience in pricing methodologies for tangibles, intangibles, and financial and other services
- Strong working knowledge of the OECD guidelines, particularly the impact of BEPS and Action 13
- General knowledge of transfer pricing requirements for most major countries around the world
- Experience at an accounting firm and / or multinational corporations
- Experience working with accounting software is an advantage
- Knowledge of other Thomson Reuters tax products is an advantage
- Be a dynamic presenter and quick thinker
- Guide corporations and firms to improve efficiency
- Have an ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Experienced in demonstrating and presenting software solutions preferred
- Experienced in presenting with the personal gravitas to instill confidence in Thomson Reuters and our products
- Post graduate qualification in accounting, tax or transfer pricing is preferred
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top