The ONESOURCE Solution Consulting team is responsible for engaging with prospective and current customers to demonstrate software solutions in an
effort to maximize sales and drive revenue growth for the Thomson Reuters Tax & Accounting Corporate Tax Business.
As a key member of the Solution Consulting team, the Solution Consultant is responsible for understanding the complexities of a corporate tax department and partnering with internal and external stakeholders to demonstrate the
value of ONESOURCE software solutions through live and web-based presentations to strategic accounts.
The Solution Consultant partners with the sales team to plan and execute discussions, demonstrations and presentations of ONESOURCE software solutions. This involves working with customers and prospects to understand their tax processes, data challenges, tax technology needs, priorities, and resources to ultimately identify and present applicable ONESOURCE software solutions that may help to address their specific business objectives. Effectively communicating how tax technology can provide process optimization, promote efficiency, and reduce risk inside a corporate tax department is a key objective in this role.
The Solution Consultant is considered a subject matter expert and is responsible for presentations and demonstrations of the ONESOURCE Direct Tax Suite. Solution Consultants must also have a working knowledge of tax accounting fundamentals and tax software tools.
- Sales to new and existing customers for all ONESOURCE Direct Tax Suite
solutions and services in conjunction with the
existing account sales and management teams
- Serve as the "domain" technical expert when dealing with
prospective customer's internal tax, system administration, and IT
- Brainstorm customer fact patterns and quickly deliver recommendations to
address unique challenges and objectives using ONESOURCE solutions
- Assist in determining tax and business process re-engineering alternatives to
assist customers in meeting their business objectives
- Work with Sales Executives and Customer Success Managers to develop
prospective customer proposals that reflect an in-depth understanding of
prospect's tax environment
- Delivery and creation of webcasts for thought leadership initiatives, software
releases and enhancements, and various marketing campaigns
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Minimum of 4 years corporate tax, accounting firm, or related experience
- Sales, consulting, services, and/or project management experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A Taxologist; a tax professional that excels in the use of technology to
maximize tax function effectiveness including experience managing and
optimizing the use of tax systems, business accounting products and tools.
- Strong tax technical background within a corporate tax department with
specific experience in tax process automation across the tax life cycle
including accounting system/ERP implementation and integration, compliance,
provision, business analytics, data management, document management and
- Technically savvy and technology curious
- Creative problem solver
- Quick learner; ability to work independently
- Willingness to travel up to 40%
Additionally, the following are desired for the position:
- Graduate degree in accounting or related field
- Professional certification (CPA, EA, CGMA, CITP, Licensed Attorney)
- Formal presentation experience and technical sales training
- Thorough knowledge of tax software and business accounting products
- Consultative selling experience desired.
- ONESOURCE Direct Tax Suite experience and/or experience or exposure to
competitive tax technology offerings
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top