The Pre-sales Solution Consultant role provides strategic prospective to customers with technical expertise, build quality relationships at senior levels with both IT and Business leaders and professionals, conduct thorough needs analysis for targeted demonstrations, uncover potential objections, and assist in defining the competitive landscape. This includes activities such as needs analysis calls (discovery calls), filling out RFPs, product presentations, integration demonstrations, technical deep dives, follow-up calls, one-off demonstrations with the intent to educate, and work with the sales team to create the "complete solution" during the pre-sales process.
This role requires proven track record of solving complex problems, answer prospects' and team members' detailed product questions, prepare and perform detailed product demonstrations to corporate customers. This individual will report to the Solution Consulting Manager and will provide leadership, mentoring and cross-training of a remote team of Solution Consultants.
Job responsibilities include:
- Be a technical subject matter expert and lead client facing demos and presentations to support the sales organization
- Work closely with sales executives and fellow solution consultants to achieve sales targets
- Be able to professionally represent and sell Thomson Reuters technology and business services/solutions to all levels of corporate customers
- Be able to articulate Thomson Reuters value proposition as it relates to each prospect's unique critical business issues using customized solution demonstrations
- Establish strong relationships with customers and provide business process consulting to ensure clients achieve maximum business return
- Performs extensive needs analysis and client contact before product demonstrations
- Performs focused, professional product demonstrations
- Responds to RFIs/RFPs with detail and professionalism
- Responds to functional/non-functional requirement documents
- Responds to data privacy/security questions
- Assists account executives in preparation of proposals
- Answers one-off questions from potential customers
- Maintains and continually upgrades technical understanding of products
- Provides technical leadership and ensures technical issues are resolved
- Work with other Thomson Reuters organizations to enhance solution offerings and provide feedback and direction from the field
- Visit customers and develop relationships to provide insight and value-add stories to the sales cycle
- Travels within assigned territory as required
- Ensures recruitment and training of staff to achieve business objectives
- Provides guidance and leadership on performance management and employee development
- Coaches, mentors and helps develop other members of the Pre-sales Solution Consultant team
- Ensures that all team members work efficiently to achieve the highest level of client satisfaction
- Bachelor's degree in business or computer science
- 5+ years' experience working in a customer facing role or as an integral part of a customer facing team
- Proven experience of pre-sales solution consulting experience directly supporting complex sales engagements; selling a solution spanning multiple departments in a company and requiring their approval
- Strong interpersonal skills, written & oral communication abilities and training skills/experience
- ERP experience - hands-on experience with one of the major ERP platforms especially in financial modules (AR, AP and GL)
Special skills and knowledge requirements:
- Demonstrated ability to communicate highly technical concepts and processes in layman's term.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve complex pre-sales technical problems, working with field sales personnel
- Demonstrated ability to present technical concepts in clear manner to customers through demos and presentations
- Ability to work externally and internally with all levels of the organization
- Order to Cash and Procure to Pay business operations knowledge is a bonus
- Implementation experience is a bonus
- Consultative selling experience a plus
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Back to top