Solution Business Analyst (f/m)
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization. At Thomson Reuters, you can build a career without boundaries and do work that matters, with the flexibility to pursue your passion. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
There is an immediate vacancy for a
Solution Business Analyst (f/m)
based in Frankfurt, Warsaw or Gdynia.
The vision of Financial Professional Services and Implementation (FPSI) is to become a 'high-value' service provider delivering an on-boarding experience that makes it easy for our customers to get value from Thomson Reuters products and content and in turn drives retention and credibility for follow on business. For that Solution Delivery contributes to pre sales, perform delivery and support of the solutions that intelligently package our services and products to better solve our customers' business challenges.
This role has a key contribution in delivering the value of the whole firm to our customers by taking a senior role in the provision of specialized consulting activities for pre-sales and project implementation of replicable and scalable packaged solutions.
The Solution Business Analyst assists with the generation of new business and ensures growth of existing accounts via mainly functional knowledge in the area of Electronic Trading, Pre- and Post-Trade Analytics as well as (internal) Contribution. Additionally to managing projects this role assesses potential application of company products or services and offers solutions that meet customer needs.
The Solution Business Analyst is accountable and responsible for the following:
- Providing consulting services to clients around the strategic utilization and set up of Thomson Reuters software products and bridging clients' methodologies to these products
- Managing complex client projects including identifying and consulting on business process requirements and performing requirements analysis
- Interacting with clients and internal business partners to identify client business needs, formulate options, and recommend solutions to ensure Thomson Reuters solutions are used to the fullest extent
- Proactively offering and selling Thomson Reuters High Value Professional Services (HVPS) packages to ensure the client gets the most value out of Thomson Reuters products and content
- Ensuring a successful and complete hand off of the initiated implementation to the appropriate Project Manager
- Facilitating successful client sessions including presenting in a professional and dynamic manner
- Maintaining in depth (mainly functional) knowledge of Electronic Trading, Pre- and Post-Trade Analytics and (internal) Contribution products
- Facilitating methodology and data validation engagements at the client site or Thomson Reuters offices
- Initiate new and current client implementation projects including:
- Supporting and consulting new and existing clients about implementation and industry best practices, as well as knowledge gained from previous Thomson Reuters implementations
- Gathering new and existing client's business needs, system and/or software requirements, and articulating solution propositions to meet these requirements
- Facilitating the client consulting sessions at either client site or at Thomson Reuters offices
- Acting as a Project Manager or working in conjunction with the Project Managers in smoothly taking the client through the solution sales and implementation to production
- Training new and existing clients on how to properly use Thomson Reuters solutions based on the clients methodology and needs
- Translate clients business needs into requirements and solution design including:
- Assessing true client needs and identifying possible solutions so customer can gain maximum benefit from standard product
- Transitioning knowledge of client methodology and workflow to the assigned project team
- Engage with internal stakeholders
- Support the business of GTM and proposition management by developing, promoting and implementing High Value Professional Services packages
- In-depth knowledge and expertise in workflows around the areas of Electronic Trading, Pre- and Post-Trade Analytics and (internal) Contribution
- Three or more years of providing consultative services to high profile clients
- Several years of experience in gathering and analyzing business requirements and responding with options and recommendations to meet the requirements
- Outstanding interpersonal and business communication skills
- Always portrays a positive and constructive attitude
- Proven problem-resolution experience
- Willingness and ability to travel as needed
- Minimum of five years of consulting experience or experience in the Electronic Trading business, additional experiences in Pre- and Post-Trade Analytics and/or (internal) Contribution is desirable
- Strong facilitation and client guidance skills
- Strong project management skills
- Read, write and speak English for the purpose of contributing to presentations, documentation, training, contracting SOW, customer support.
- Ability to lead large, diverse and even difficult group meetings for customers
- Ability to lead facilitated sessions and properly guide discussion and decisions
- Pro-active in seeking information and solutions
- Fast learner able to quickly grasp and understand complex concepts
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to work with different levels of management
The position will be offered on local terms and conditions and will report to the Solution Delivery Manager, Europe East, Italy and Iberia.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top