Solution Architect, Enterprise Business Systems (Eagan, MN location)
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Thomson Reuters' Enterprise Business Systems (EBS) power the Marketing, Sales, Order Management, Service and Corporate services capabilities within the company. Our strategy is to increasingly utilize third parties (cloud, SaaS etc.) and outsourcing vendors to support business processes and provide services. Developing and maintaining the end to end vision and roadmap of how these capabilities support each of the business Units and the Enterprise is key.
We are currently seeking a Solution Architect to provide solution architecture, design assurance and governance for key initiatives. This role will require working closely with technology solutions, vendors and business partners to develop fit-for-purpose solutions that are scalable and deliver business outcomes.
- Deliver solution architecture for major programs that involve a combination of on premise and SAAS solutions.
- Provide architecture design and thought leadership in Integration and Data Analytics solutions
- Architecture governance in outsourced delivery models and run the Design authority for key programs or platforms
- Ensure the architecture is scalable, meets quality requirements and delivers business objectives
- Prepare for and participate in the technical governance of projects & program at key stages – Technical Commitment Review, Project Commitment and Fitness For Launch
- Collaborate with development SME, Enterprise Architects and business analysts to develop architecture including solution building blocks, application components and integration
- Partner with Enterprise Architects to ensure solutions are in line with architecture roadmaps and principles.
- Responsible for architectural reviews of Technical Architecture Documentation to the Principal Architect and Architecture Review Board
- Bachelors degree in technology, marketing or relevant discipline
- 5 years experience in Integration and/or Data Analytics using technologies such as Oracle SOA, Dell Boomi, Hadoop, Essbase, Oracle EDW
- Knowledge in Java/J2EE, RESTful APIs, SOA, JSON & XML
- Excellent understanding and experience with Integration using SOA, REST and Micro Services architecture
- Able to work in a highly collaborative, dynamic agile team environment
- Excellent communication skills, including effective presentation skills
- Able to work in a fast paced organization and work across multiple projects or work streams
- Any experience with Machine Learning and Predictive analytics is preferred, but not mandatory.
- TOGAF 9 Certified preferred
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top