Software Test Engineer
Reuters, the news and media division of Thomson Reuters, is the world's largest international multimedia news provider reaching more than one billion people every day. Reuters provides trusted business, financial, national, and international news to professionals via Thomson Reuters desktops, the world's media organizations, and directly to consumers at Reuters.com.
Thomson Reuters News Agency - Media Group is looking for a Test Engineer to join our team of tech professionals. Along with delivering raw assets such as text, graphics, pictures, and video we also have as our mission to provide the richest packaged media possible, and to provide an industry leading user experience for our customers. We are seeking an innovative Test Engineer that can help us continue to deliver the high quality experience our customers receive and expect from us.
- Specific knowledge and understanding of internet protocols and web technologies
- Specific knowledge and experience working with test automation tools and frameworks
- Ability to work with software developers and discuss technical issues in detail
- Specific knowledge and experience working with web services and RESTFUL APIs
- Specific knowledge and experience working with relational databases
- Specific working knowledge of performance and load testing tools
- Working knowledge of Amazon Web Services
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum development
- Familiarity with Source Control and CD/CI systems such as Git and Jenkins
- Ability to create effective test plans
- Ability to write effective test cases (manual and automated)
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them in to test cases
- Work with technical and non-technical team members such as Product Managers, Project Managers, Software Developers, and Customer Service & Support to ensure high quality outcome of all product deliverables
- Create, maintain, and execute system tests - both manually and automated
- Report deviations of quality to the Global Head of Product Quality
- Detect defects and create informative bug reports and effectively follow up on bug closure
- Advise the team on major issues to product quality
- Create test reports detailing all bugs and issues found in each test iteration
- Keep the QA systems updated with relevant data and configurations to ensure effective test coverage
- Must be able to work on more than one time sensitive project at a time
- Be proactive about testing, test coverage, and resolving issues
- Ability to work in an environment with strict deadlines and delivery schedules
- Ability to prioritize and manage own work schedules consistent with team goals
- Ability to stick to agreed team commitments and commitments made to others
- Believes in high quality and willing to evangelize others
- Willing to challenge colleagues regarding improving quality
- Willing to push back on unreasonable requests
- Appropriately skeptical
- Excellent communication skills
- Healthy curiosity about testing all things technical
- Empathizes with customers first and foremost
- Understands when to seek help
- More than 5 years of test engineering experience
- Current or former software developer who loves testing
- Current or former experience in electronic news and/or news delivery systems
- Experience with satellite technologies
- Experience in broadcast media
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
New York-New York-United States of America
Back to top