Software QA Engineer
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Position Title: QA Engineer
Business Unit: Finance and Risk
Product or Service:
Connected Risk is a product that has been recently acquired by Thomson Reuters. Our focus is developing packaged products for using Enterprise Risk Management solutions. The product has a great deal of flexibility and can be configured to deliver a wide variety of software modules. A Lot of this configuration is able to be done by non technical people using web based drag and drop techniques.
As part of our ongoing commitment to the Connected Risk product we are putting together a new team, from the ground up, to focus solely on designing, building, and implementing an automated testing capability that will carry out multiple types of automated testing efficiently and effectively.
To work as part of the Connected Risk QA team to design and develop a Java based test automation framework that's capable of running multiple test types unattended.
To coordinate with the team across different layers of the test automation architecture. Thus, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and product quality is essential.
Main Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java code based on requirements or User Stories
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, robustness, and usability of the test automation framework
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain source code quality, organization, and management
- Employ industry standard Java design patterns for all code
- To execute the automated tests and manual testing as and when needed.
- Connected Risk QA Team Lead (reporting to)
- Connected Risk QA peers
- Connected Risk developers
Essential Skills/Experience Required:
- Good understanding of Java
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- An experienced Software Engineer
- Good experience with using various software design patterns
- Demonstrable experience of writing reusable Java libraries
- Solid understanding of Selenium WebDriver
- Demonstrable experience of writing clean, readable Java code
- Demonstrable experience of implementing automated testing frameworks
- Good understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
- Experience of test management tools such as Jira
- Experience of the defect management lifecycle
Desired Skills/Experience Required:
- Proficient in Java
- Basic understanding of JVM, its limitations, weaknesses, and workarounds
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, JDBC, and RESTful
- Experience with continuous integration
- Experience with build tools such as Ant or Maven.
- Demonstrable manual testing skills
- Demonstrable experience of using external databases with Java
- No preference but an ISTQB foundation test analyst certificate is desirable.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top