Software QA Engineer
We are currently seeking a Quality Assurance professional for our Brookfield, Wisconsin location. He or she will be focused on identifying end-to-end testing needs and executing testing for brokerage-related applications. The person in this role will be responsible for balancing time across tasks or projects, learning and understanding complex brokerage-related concepts, quality reporting, performing independent test design, testing, and test documentation. The position will also require strong situational awareness and relationship management skills.
WHAT WILL I DO?
- Independently develop effective testing plans, test scenarios, test cases and requirements traceability for projects, all to company standards
- Identify and coordinate testing work on a development team
- Define clear expectations for all testing tasks, including inputs, outputs and error conditions
- Educate and mentor the project team on the QA process and company standards
- Design test cases with automation in mind
- Drive the testing process from analysis to production validation
- Perform test data creation or setup for all planned test execution activities
- Execute the testing for your project team; may include functional, integration and regression as well as assisting with user acceptance testing
- Use existing automation methods or work with automation engineers to automate test cases
Reporting and Metrics:
- Proactively identify project risk and work with the team and management to mitigate
- Manage defect reporting and proactively identify areas of improvement
- Track the results of testing and report on key metrics
WHAT DO WE NEED FROM YOU?
- Prior IT experience, including experience in software QA or testing preferred
- Bachelor's degree (B.S. or B.A.) or equivalent career and performance experience
- Practical experience testing software (familiarity with and/or willingness to work with mainframe 3270 applications is a must)
- Understanding of web service testing, UI testing and back-end testing
- Experience with SoapUI a plus
- Basic SQL knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and work well in a team environment
- Ability to convert requirements into meaningful, effective and detailed test cases
- Comprehensive understanding of test methodologies and techniques including White, Black and Gray box testing; regression, negative, system, unit testing, etc.
- Software testing certification preferred but not required
The Financial and Risk Business of Thomson Reuters is now Refinitiv. Refinitiv equips the financial community with access to an open platform that uncovers opportunity and catalyzes change. With a dynamic combination of data, insights, technology, and news from Reuters, our customers can access solutions for every challenge, including a breadth of applications, tools, and content-all supported by human expertise. At Refinitiv, we facilitate the connections that propel people and organizations to find new possibilities to move forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. Therefore we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world-regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Refinitiv is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
Brookfield-Wisconsin-United States of America
Back to top