Software Engineering Manager - Enterprise Content Platform (Eagan, MN location)
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
The Enterprise Content Platform (ECP) is an innovative technology and business direction for Thomson Reuters. ECP unlocks the power of our data by bringing insightful expertise and intuitive technologies to the breadth & depth of Thomson Reuters's content assets. ECP aims to bring data from all Thomson Reuters' businesses in a single place, fuelling our growth as we acquire, store and use content as an enterprise & unlock the relationships across this enterprise content.
ECP is truly transformational for Thomson Reuters. It will change the way we think about information and content in the new data economy. The ECP technology stack starts with big data technologies and extends those capabilities into the Cloud. ECP is Big Data at scale.
We are currently seeking a results-driven, team-oriented, self-motivated professional who combines exceptional technical knowledge with a high degree of business acumen and proactive leadership for the position of Software Engineering Manager. This position will lead a highly skilled team of engineers that acquires, ingests and provides data-as-a-service within Thomson Reuters to enable innovative and new data products.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Provide mentorship, career development and performance management to a team of software engineers.
- Successfully recruit, hire and retain a high performing team.
- Build strong, collaborative relationships with business partners, development peers, architects, quality teams, project management, and other geographically distributed teams.
- Drive and support development designs and strategies that optimize product quality within budget and time constraints.
- Champion the use of Agile best practices to improve quality, flexibility, velocity, and predictability for development deliverables.
- Actively engage as a key stakeholder in product development strategy.
- Interpret and drive clarity on requirements and acceptance criteria for implementation.
- Four-year degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or other related field.
- 7 years technology development related experience, including 5 years developing Java applications
- 3 years in a team leadership or management role.
- Strong Technical mindset. Practical knowledge of software development best practices and their application for varied software solutions.
- Demonstrated strong collaboration and influencing skills including the ability to influence and lead outside of own scope and across different roles, functions, and organizations.
- Very strong interpersonal and communications skills including both oral and written proficiency
- Demonstrated ability to initiate and implement change for self and others.
- Bias for action, taking initiative, accepting personal responsibility, delivering on commitments, and having courage to raise issues.
- Proven track record of being solution oriented, executing successfully, and capable of working in dynamic environment often involving quick analysis and decision making.
- Overall understanding of Big Data principles and technologies is a plus
- Experience developing Hadoop applications/ Cloud applications is a plus
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top