Software Engineering Intern - 2018
Thomson Reuters is the leading source of intelligent information serving more than 20 million professionals around the world. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology—powered by the world's most trusted news organization—to deliver critical information to decision makers in the fields of finance, law, tax and accounting, intellectual property, science, and media. Thomson Reuters employs approximately 60,000 people in more than 100 countries, with offices around the world—from New York, London, and Eagan (Minnesota) to Bangalore, Beijing, Manila, Buenos Aires, and Bangkok.
Thomson Reuters was recently named Crain's "Coolest Place to Work" and one of Business Week's "Top 100 Global Brands."
Full time, Paid Internship in our Carrollton, Texas office
May– August 2018
Technology internship positions are available with Thomson Reuters Tax &Accounting - an industry leader in the development of software and services utilized worldwide by over 40,000 accounting firms and 3,000 of the largest corporations. During this full-time, paid summer internship you will help develop our products using the latest technologies. You will collaborate with analysts and other development staff. You will code and test software to meet specifications. With ongoing mentoring by our experienced programmers, you will transform classroom theory into real-life experience. The knowledge you gain during your internship will give you the skills necessary to transition into the workforce, or possibly into a full-time position on our staff.
With ongoing mentoring by our experienced programmers, you'll transform classroom theory into real-life practice. The knowledge gained will give you the skills necessary to transition into the workforce.
You will gain:
- Real-life programming experience that contributes to the product's success
- Access to seasoned professionals who will mentor and guide you
- Competitive pay rate, and flexible work environment and work schedule
- Impressive experience to add to your professional resume
In the fast-paced world of Thomson Reuters, you'll work hard, have fun, and face new challenges daily. If you're looking for a dynamic organization in which you can broaden your skills, expand your knowledge, and make an impact from day one, Thomson Reuters is the intelligent choice for you!
You have a passion for technology. You are self-motivated with the ability to work effectively on a team. You can communicate effectively with technical and nontechnical team members. You also have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with an eye for detail and accuracy.
- Your specific experience includes:
- Sophomore, Junior, or Senior level student in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent curriculum
- Solid academic record: minimum 3.0 GPA
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong grasp of object oriented concepts
- Possess a proactive nature and can work independently
- Must be a US Citizen, Permanent Resident, or Green Card holder; students holding an F1 visa will not be considered
Why is Thomson Reuters a great place for me to work?
Each of us brings a unique perspective to our work. That perspective is shaped by where we live, the business we advance, and the decisions we influence. But true impact isn't something any of us achieves alone. It's only possible when ideas connect and talents are shared. Together, the power of our perspectives will move the world. That's why you're being invited to Bring it.
What are Thomson Reuters core values?
- Trust: We act with integrity and independence by holding ourselves and each other to be ethical and reliable in all we do.
- Partnership: We work together, with each other, with our customers and with industry partners to deliver superior results and experiences.
- Innovation: We innovate to serve our customers, drive our growth and win in dynamic business environments.
- Performance: We deliver results, excelling at work that positively impacts the world.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top