Software Engineer - Java
We are currently seeking a Software Engineer to join our MIS Team in Ann Arbor, MI. The MIS team maintains and develops enhancements for the company-wide enterprise management system, CRM tool, and other applications.
The Software Engineer will develop and support MIS applications including the internally developed EMS, Flash, IT applications, as well as providing Web Services for external products and websites. This position requires an individual who can successfully work in a dynamic work environment where priorities change based on current business needs. Deadline driven project assignments and our iterative approach to development processes require a professional with excellent communication skills. Candidates must have experience working with Java, JEE, XML, and Web Services (SOAP, WSDL). Familiarity with the Eclipse IDE, design patterns, Swing, and JBoss is highly desired.
- Design and deliver components for internal applications, primarily the EMS & FLASH applications and Web Services for external products and websites
- Complete unit testing for Java components
- Analyze and/or create business requirements, documentation and technical specifications in conjunction with MIS Business Analysts and our internal customers.
- Lead project development teams
- As a member of the operational support team provide rapid response and issue resolution to the business teams for production issues
- Refine knowledge in all MIS-supported systems to gain a more well-rounded understanding of overall company processes
- Build solid working relationships with MIS team members as well as collaborating with internal customers
- Continue to develop a strong base of technical skills in the various technologies used by the MIS team
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent years of experience
- Java skills and design experience, including knowledge of core libraries and common design patterns (minimum of 4 years)
- JEE and EJB experience
- XML and Web Services (SOAP, WSDL) experience
- Experience with object-oriented design and development
- Working knowledge of SQL and relational database concepts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (ability to communicate effectively with MIS technical staff, Business Analysts, management, and business team members)
- Demonstrated ability to work and adapt well within a team environment
- Dynamic thinker, a problem solver
- Ability to work well in a flexible development environment
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to plan and prioritize work effectively
- Exemplary customer service skills
- Oracle Java Certification
- Development experience using Swing
- Familiarity with the Eclipse IDE
- JBoss experience
- Crystal Reports/Business Objects experience
- Project leadership experience
- Delphi coding experience
- C# experience
- Linux experience
- Experience using the Tax & Accounting – Professional MIS Applications (EMS, Flash, IT , & portions of the external customer website)
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top