Software Engineer Intern
Software Engineer Intern (Legal & Findlaw Technology inEagan, MN)
We are the leading source of intelligent information forthe world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with acompetitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of humanintelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that providesdecision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make betterdecisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk,legal, tax and accounting, and media markets, powered by the world's mosttrusted news organization.
Join Thomson Reuters and work alongside our innovative technologists, solvingtechnical problems that directly impact our business. If you want to leverageyour classroom knowledge while gaining hands-on experience with cutting-edgetechnologies, Thomson Reuters has the right internship experience for you. OurTechnology Interns have the opportunity to work in one or more of the followingareas: software programming, software testing, databases, platform, and others.We have several opportunities for internships at our Eagan campus within ourvarious business units including: Legal, Findlaw, Research and Development,Mobile Technology, Editorial Platforms and Management InformationSystems.
- Programming Languages (Java, J2EE, C#, VB.NET, Python, Ruby,Groovy)
- Mobile Development (iOS, Android)
- Relational Database (Oracle, DB2, SQL Server)
- Virtualization (VMware, Lab Manager, VDI)
- Operating Systems (Windows, UNIX, Linux, AIX, SuSe)
Past internships have included:
- Research and prototyping projects for formal rules systems,non-traditional databases, and federated identity management.
- Design and development of web-based research solutions for useby national and international customers
- Creation of custom web interfaces
- Development of large content management systems including datarepositories, web-based data access and UI
- Software testing in multiple phases of the development cycle forinitiatives across multiple organizations
- Performance analysis and tuning of application servers
- Creation of applications to collect and disseminate vitalsystem statistics to various parts of the technology organization.
- Participation in testing new technologies in a lab environment
- Collaboration with multiple teams to ensure technology solutionsmeet business needs
- Troubleshoot and resolve incidents within a defined IncidentManagement Process
- Currently pursuing a degree in Information Technology,Management, Information Systems, Computer Science or related discipline meetingprogram academic requirements
- Strong desire to learn new technologies
- Strong problem solving and issue resolution skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally to bothtechnical and non-technical users
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize work and communicate issues in a timelymanner
- Ability to work independently or as part of an agile developmentteam
- Strong problem analysis approach
Thomson Reuters will not sponsor applicants forwork visas for this position now or in the future.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top