Software Engineer F&R
Essential Responsibilities (Specific day-to-day responsibilities and milestones needed to achieve the objectives):
• Requirements gathering, analysis, system design, development of software solutions, peer reviews, documentation, unit & integration test, deployment, troubleshooting, support and maintenance of software projects.
• Developing, maintaining, and testing C#.NET, ASP.NET and .NETcore applications and developing solutions on cloud.
• Developing database procedures and SQL
• Database installation, configuration, administration, development and troubleshooting
• Interaction with customer and other stakeholders for gathering and clarifying requirements
• Drive innovation by designing/developing or evaluating/integrating new tools and methods that will enable Indices technology to achieve its deliverables with increased efficiency.
• Proactively lead and participate in efforts for ongoing support and maintenance of existing applications.
• Providing project task estimates and statuses to supervisor and management.
• Identify and lead and participate in the resolution of issues with the appropriate technical and business resources.
• Proactively seek opportunities to add value through the application of new technology solutions.
• Demonstrate self-directed and proactive approach to tackling problems and leveraging resource.
• Assist in identifying cost-savings opportunities and implement alternative approaches including process improvement initiatives or technology solutions to automate processes
PREFERRED Skills and Experience (Must Have):
3-6 years industry related software development experience
Minimum of 3 years of experience working with C#.NET, ADO.NET/ODP.NET, ASP.net and .net core
Minimum of 1 years of experience developing solutions on cloud (AWS)
Minimum of 2 years of experience working with relational database technologies, SQL, stored procedures and basic database administration and performance troubleshooting and tuning.
Good understanding of database concepts
Strong analysis and problem-solving skills
Strong oral and written communications skills
Result oriented, team player and Strong bias for action, result oriented, high personal integrity, willingness to take intelligent risks, and dedication to continuous improvement
PREFERRED Skills and Experience (Nice To Have):
Experience working with Oracle and Postgresql
Experience in data modeling and modeling tools
Experience in UNIX/Linux/Solaris installation, administration and shell script
Experience in Capital Markets domain.
"This role sits within our Financial & Risk ("F&R") business. On October 1, 2018, Thomson Reuters sold a 55% majority stake in F&R and entered into a strategic partnership with private equity funds managed by Blackstone, retaining a 45% interest in the business. In India, the execution of this transaction has a delayed closing date as it is subject to a judicial process for closure and customary closing conditions. When the transaction closes in India, this role will be included in the new F&R entity ."
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Back to top