Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Software Engineer should be an eager learner and must have a strong background in RESTful API design and implementation, Java, Maven, Tomcat and continuous integration environments, as well as experience unit testing and open source frameworks.
Office moving to Media, PA in Oct 2017
- Design, contribute to and implement advanced back-end solutions
- Play a significant role in designing and implementing APIs in different frameworks
- Interest to contribute to issues across the stack as needed
- A eye for the end user – a desire to build solutions that go beyond the technical requirement
- Confidence and ability to own problems until their completion
- Agile- and automation- minded
- Drives and designs automation (including test-driven development) to ensure quality across growing team
- Desire to ship quality code regularly
- Experience in strongly test-driven frameworks that allow scalability and code confidence
- 3 years of experience as a software engineer
- Experience implementing and consuming large scale web services
- Experience with Java
- Hands-on experience on Unix/Linux
- Hands-on with Maven, Tomcat and Jenkins
- Experience with popular Open Source Softwares
- Experience with JUnit or REST assured, or equivalent unit and integration testing technology
- Active in open-source / hacking community
- GitHub profile or portfolio
- Experience in both startup and large company culture
- DevOps experience
- Passionate about great technologies, especially open source
- Comfortable in the shell
- Experience with agile / lean methodology
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top