Thomson Reuters is the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
This person will play a pivotal role in designing, developing and supporting state of the art Web Applications. Thomson Reuters uses the latest technologies available for Application development and this person will be responsible for both using current technologies and research emerging technologies for adoption.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design frameworks that support large, complex web applications within Tax and Accounting Technology
- Work as part of an Agile Scrum team on multiple challenging development problems. As a member of a Scrum team, developers will be expected to participate in development planning exercises, pair programming, refinements and manage their own task load.
- Develop code in all tiers of a web-based application, create fast, easy-to-use, high volume production applications, and develop prototypes quickly and guide other developers in implementing the designs.
- Deliver clean, maintainable code we can be confident in using approaches such as Test Driven Development (TDD) and Behavior Driven Development (BDD)
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATION:
- BS in related Engineering field or Computer Science
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- 1+ years developing software
- Experience developing web applications using .NET, ASP.NET Core
- Experience in Database and SQL programming, specifically Oracle
- Experience with Web API 2, REST
- Experience with Web Services / WCF
- C# programming with strong skills using modern coding, testing, debugging, and automation techniques.
- Experience developing using Angular JS
- Solid knowledge of Agile software development practices
- Great communication skills
- A willingness and an ability to share best practice and improve processes
- Working knowledge and experience with a distributed version control system (Git/GitHub Enterprise, TFS)
- HTML5 / CSS3
- Experience with basic NodeJS tools such as npm, bower, GruntJS
- Thorough knowledge of Continuous Delivery / Continuous Deployment
- Knowledge of practices such as BDD and TDD
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Carrollton-Texas-United States of America
Back to top