- 3-4 years of previous software development experience.
- Possess working knowledge of Web API and WCF.
- Creates application design specifications and document coding efforts. Analyze diverse and medium to Complex business and technical problems and provide solutions.
- Timely completion of assignments with quality.
- Troubleshooting and debugging, technical problems.
- Create and implement unit test plans and unit test cases either using TDD/unit. Essential Responsibilities (Specific day-to-day responsibilities):
- Programming related decisions of syntax and style are to be regularly made.
- Works in several phases of software systems analysis and programming activities, but may require instruction and guidance in other phases.
- Meets project schedules and deadlines.
- Migrates non-development tasks to other work teams.
- Knowledge of accepted software engineering methods such as object-oriented programming, structured programming, reusable software, life-cycle development and software development process methodologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English language.
- Have the ability to run with projects/issues solo as well as work in a team environment.
- Analytical programming and analysis skills.
- Have strong attention to detail.
- Have strong numeric and problem-solving orientation.
- Bachelor's degree in computer engineering/Computer Science, Information Technology, MCA or M.Sc. (IT).
Good to have knowledge on GIT and TFS. Good to have knowledge on AWS/Jenkins/Docker Knowledge.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top