- Designs, develops, deploys and supports applications from initial ideation to implementation. Development is done in a variety of environments, but mainly Java/ J2EE on a Linux application server using Oracle, Communicates with the business users, collect requirements and provides estimations
- Orchestrates how our many systems will communicate, including creating Web services.
- Contributes to the design, development and implementation of infrastructure projects, such as redesigning existing systems.
- Implements enhancement requests.
- Balances and prioritize multiple concurrent projects effectively.
- Owns project development estimates and timelines.
Required Skills –
- 2 years industry experience
- 2 years of Java and relational database experience.
Knowledge and Skills -
- Java/J2EE & Spring Batch
- Oracle/MYSQL/SQL SERVER databases
- Linux and/or UNIX
- Tomcat/ Apache web servers
Good to have
- XML , XSL/T , Xpath, XStream
- MVC, Struts and Spring frameworks
- TFS, CVS, SVN, Perforce or similar source code control system
- Content Management System eg: Jack Rabbit
- Strong bias towards customer service
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving, data analysis, design, and testing skills.
- Hard worker, quick learner, and eager to leverage new technologies.
- Able to balance and prioritize multiple concurrent projects effectively.
Thomson Reuters is the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
Qualifications External At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top