A great opportunity exists for an experienced Microsoft Azure and .Net Software Developer to work on all aspects of software solutions used by multiple teams within the Thomson Reuters Elite, Legal division.
The successful candidate will join an agile development team using the latest Microsoft tools and technologies to transform a legacy application to modern, scalable Azure SaaS application. The EBH application delivers a critical electronic billing service to the legal industry and is a leader in the space. The selected applicant will be working within an agile team located locally and in remote locations following a scrum-based methodology.
Main Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Write new, or makes modifications to, existing software, and integrates software applications and modules in accordance with agreed upon specifications provided by architects and product managers.
- Creates and executes unit testing and integration testing ensuring modules meet the specified requirements.
- Contributes to the creation and design of new software components.
- Provide technical support to operations and other development teams
- Builds and maintains all required technical documentation / manual related to assigned components to ensure supportability.
- Participates in project planning sessions with team members to analyse development requirements, provide design options, and provide work breakdown and estimates of work.
- May work on small, minimally complex, projects or a particular component within larger projects that requires a singular area of expertise.
- Provides status updates for own scope of work within projects.
- Participates in internal team and status meetings.
- Develops software using disciplined software development processes, adhering to team/company standards and software best practice guidelines, and corporate policies.
- Working alongside developers on site and in remote locations and also the architects and product managers on the analysis, design and delivery of new features.
- Partner with other software engineers to integrate the application into other products.
- Above all you are passionate about software development and working on a highly engaged development team.
- 1-3 year's experience with the C# programming language & software engineering methodologies.
- General understanding of software development quality processes and unit testing.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good problem-solving capabilities.
- Regularly communicates and shares knowledge with the team, including upward communication of work status e.g. to delivery managers.
- Able to work independently or as part of a team, completing varied work assignments and collaborating with others as required.
- Experience with other languages and technologies advantageous.
- Familiarity with the legal industry would be helpful.
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent experience
Thomson Reuters offers an environment that is both challenging and supportive, and we are proud to have been named one of Canada's Top 100 Employers from 2009 - 2018, a Best Workplace from 2006 - 2018, and a Great Place to Work for Women in 2015 and 2017. We consider work from home arrangements for people with a disability or specific accessibility needs. If requested, accommodation will be provided throughout the recruitment and assessment process.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Back to top