A Software Engineeranalyses, defines, designs, constructs, tests, installs, modifies, and growsour information systems.
About Thomson Reuters
Thomson Reuters is the leading source of intelligentinformation for the world's businesses and professionals. We combine industryexpertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leadingdecision makers in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting,intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world'smost trusted news organization.
Thomson Reuters Tax & Accounting (TRTA) is seekinga Software Engineer to join our Checkpoint technology team. Checkpoint is the market-leadingonline tax and accounting research product with authoritative and nationallyrespected content and productivity tools. As the successful candidate, you willbe responsible for implementing product enhancements, support of existingproduct functions, troubleshooting and resolving product defects, unit andintegration testing. Active interaction with other developers, QualityAssurance, Business System Analysts, and Customer Support counterparts is anintegral part of the role.
KeyResponsibilities & Technologies
- Write and modify softwareaccording to business specifications.
- Create and executeunit and integration tests to ensure code meets requirements.
- Participate inproject planning sessions to understand development requirements, provide designoptions, and provide work breakdown and estimates.
- Assist Quality Assurance inissue resolution
- Create and maintaintechnical documentation.
- Take ownership of problems
- Develop softwareusing industry and company best practices.
- Account for thequality and timeliness of own work.
- Maintain and growapplications according to business and technology priorities.
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Competent in Java/J2EEdevelopment, one or more agile development methodologies, and multiple softwaredevelopment tools.
- Experience with oneor more programming languages (Java/J2EE preferred) and software engineeringmethodologies.
- Experiencewith SOA, Web services, SOAP, and/or REST are desired
- Generalunderstanding of software development quality processes.
- Proven written andoral communication skills.
- Proven problem-solvingcapabilities.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degreeor equivalent required.
- Computer sciencedegree preferred.
- 0-4 years of relevant experience.
Why is Thomson Reuters a greatplace for me to work?
Each of us brings a uniqueperspective to our work. That perspective is shaped by where we live, thebusiness we advance, and the decisions we influence. But true impact isn'tsomething any of us achieves alone. It's only possible when ideas connect and talentsare shared. Together, the power of our perspectives will move the world. That'swhy you're being invited to Bring it.
What are Thomson Reuters' core values?
Trust: We act with integrityand independence by holding ourselves and each other to be ethical and reliablein all we do.
Partnership: We work together, with each other, with our customers and withindustry partners to deliver superior results and experiences.
Innovation: We innovate to serve our customers, drive our growth and win indynamic business environments.
Performance: We deliver results, excelling at work that positively impacts theworld.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top