- Multiple locations - Auckland, Wellington or Palmerston
- 2 positions available
Infinity Law is a comprehensive legal practice management system that allows you to focus on your core business, operate efficiently and profitably, and provide high levels of service to your clients.
The Infinitylaw team develops and supports the Infinitylaw legal practice management system which is used by law firms in New Zealand and Australia. The team's operations encompass software development, sales, implementation and customer support.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Software Development Engineer to develop solutions that address new requirements and defects in the Infinity Law product suite, perform server upgrades for existing clients.
Reporting to the Development Manager, Practice Management Solutions, your key responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
- Providing a high standard of programming service to Infinitylaw customers. This will include (but not limited to) Data conversion programs for new clients, Infinitylaw Integration components, Infinitylaw Core components and the internal bespoke system for the management of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Testing and documenting own solutions, recording changes and testing outcomes in the SDLC management system (Jira or ISC)
- Play a key role in contributing to the continuous improvement of the design and specification of new features
- Efficiently developing software for our product suite
Server upgrades for existing clients
- Assist clients with the periodic installment of Infinitylaw servers and the transfer of data
- Ensuring you adhere to internal processes. This ensures management has control of work volumes and ensures there is quality in delivery to clients
To be successful in the role you will be a proven software engineer with experience in the analysis and development of a complex software product to end users in a commercial environment.
The ideal candidate will have:
- An understanding of architecture and design practices that enables system extendibility
- Development expertise in Delphi (C#.NET is an advantage)
- Expertise and experience in successfully installing software in a commercial environment
- Expertise in installing software to development tasks
- Knowledge of Accountancy and/or Law Firm software packages is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Palmerston North-New Zealand;Wellington-New Zealand
Back to top