WE ARE LOOKING FOR A NEW COLLEAGUE:
YOU AND YOUR TEAM
The required person will be involved in building server-side applications that encapsulate the storage, processing, dissemination and business logic related to the Thomson Reuters Analytics contents.
As such you will have a unique opportunity to manipulate diversified and large contents sets, to develop service-oriented architectures for building truly decoupled distributed systems and to build distributed applications for large-scale data-intensive applications. The position requires good handle of data processing and extraction techniques as well as some understanding of Web UI development.
Experience in building distributed systems is crucial.
SOME OF DAILY TASKS YOU WILL PERFORM:
- Engineer will be responsible for ongoing development & support of CrossContent infrastructure with focus on inbound feeds ingestion, Web Services and outbound feeds to internal consumers.
- Design, Deploy and Maintain a large databases, constantly tune the database for optimal throughput/delay performance to achieve millisecond-range response times for most analytics requests and work closely with the OS & storage engineers to provide hardware and os-level and storage recommendations.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING?
- Proven professional software development experience, including at least 2 years with server-side technologies.
- Deep understanding of collections, garbage-collection, multi-threading and scalable software architectures
- Good understanding of MS SQL Server/Oracle & stored procedures
- Good knowledge of serialization mechanisms
- Ability to communicate effectively your thoughts and interact productively with various stakeholders
- Willingness to learn new technologies
YOU WILL BE EVEN MORE COMPETITIVE IF:
- Knowledge/experience with any of below technologies:
- Some experience with .Java/linux is also considered a plus
- Casual and diverse office environment where colleagues come from over 30 countries
- Competitive salary
- Flexibility and home-office opportunities
- Two additional days off for voluntary jobs
- Access to Thomson Reuters products with real-time economic data
- Wellbeing scheme including private healthcare, pension, Multisport card and more
- High standards of ethics in the workplace
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top