Thomson Reuters Special Services, LLC delivers a comprehensive suite of solutions designed to help customers achieve mission objectives, address uncertainty, and identify and manage risk. We leverage Thomson Reuters' market-leading solutions to help our clients perform intelligence collection and analysis on cyber security, threat finance, insider threat detection, and risk management issues.
As a Software Engineer on the TRSS team, you will be working on projects that support and extend the full stack of the TRSS solutions suite to deliver global data using advanced search, big data ingestion and analytical processing using tools like MongoDB, ElasticSearch, R, and Hadoop as well as building leading edge web applications. You will work closely with the other members of the TRSS analytical staff and development to capture customer requirements and design new solutions. This role requires a polyglot engineer who is comfortable with data-intensive systems as well as some frontend UI development. You will be working with an extensive codebase, but this role is a great opportunity to engage in new development.
- You will be part of the core TRSS development team and will design implement and deliver software solutions as well as enhance and support existing applications.
- You will engage the TRSS analytical staff to gather requirements, generate ideas, and develop documentation.
- You will demo new software solutions as needed.
- You will learn and expand your skill set on the job.
- You will be expected to own your work and be passionate about the success of the customer.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Must have, or be able to acquire and maintain, a US Government Security Clearance
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Proficient in multiple languages programming languages (particularly interested in JVM languages like Java, Scala, and Groovy), python
- A good understanding of distributed computing concepts
- Experience with Kafka preferred
- Experience with Spring required
- Experience with Redis prefered
- Experience with Restful web services
- Data Science/Big Data analytics experience preferred
- Experience with information retrieval technologies such as Lucene and ElasticSearch preferred.
- NoSQL DB experience desired especially MongoDB
- Unix/Linux experience preferred
- Must be a passionate, smart, and articulate technologist
- Self-starter and results oriented
- Must possess a strong personal work ethic
- Must be of strong moral and ethical character
- Must be able to operate under pressure with dynamic requirements.
- Must be able to work alone and on an Agile team.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top