We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Position Title: Software Engineer – Elektron Technology Development
Business Unit: Finance and Risk
Product or Service:
Thomson Reuters Elektron connects and powers the world's financial markets. Elektron is a suite of data and trading propositions, including low latency feeds along with the analytics, enterprise platform and transactional connectivity to support any workflow application.
The Elektron Vehicle Master provides Elektron with a strategic set of capabilities which link Thomson Reuters backend reference data content with our real time Elektron feeds, and is the strategic database of record for all real-time vehicles.
We're looking for a talented software developer to work as part of the Elektron Development team, initially focused on the Elektron Vehicle Master system development.
In this role, you'll be working within a small sprint team covering the design, implementation, testing, maintenance and support of the products the team owns. You'll work closely with Architecture and QA teams to deliver to the high standard that our customers expect.
Main Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java code based on requirements or User Stories
- Develop software using disciplined software development processes, adhering to team/company standards and software best practice guidelines, and corporate policies.
- Build and execute unit testing and integration testing ensuring software meets requirements.
- Positively engage with the QA team to ensure that code is developed to a high quality
- Provide technical support to operations or other development teams
- Create and maintain all required technical reference material to ensure supportability and reuse
- Review work of peers.
- Participate in project planning sessions with team members to analyze development requirements, provide design options, and provide work breakdown and estimates of work.
- Actively participate in team and status meetings, providing timely status updates for areas of individual responsibilities within projects to supervisor
- Development Manager
- Development Lead (reporting to)
- Development and QA teams.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Experienced software engineer with good knowledge of Java/JEE.
- Experienced with Oracle Database systems and PLSQL programming.
- Experienced with Linux Operating System.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Experience of unit testing
- Self-starter - does what it takes to get the job done
- Superb communication skills, verbal and written
- Skill for writing clean, readable code and reusable Java libraries
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Familiar with various design patterns
- Experience of unit testing
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, colour, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top