Thomson Reuters is a truly unique business. We are a global enterprise and leading provider of news, information services and technology. Here, your work matters and has the potential to change the world. Every day, Thomson Reuters news, information, technology, and expertise help make great things happen.
We are proud to have been recognized globally as a leading employer based on our commitment to diversity, focus on company culture, work life balance and for acts to promote socio-economic progress worldwide through the Thomson Reuters foundation.
About the Role
We are currently looking for a fulltime PHP Developer to join the eRecruitment Solutions team, based in West Perth, Western Australia. As a software developer, reporting to the software development team lead, you will be working to grow our web-based solutions to provide greater value for our clients across Australia. Are you looking for a challenging position where you can stretch your skills?
Key responsibilities will include:
- Design and develop web-based applications, working within an existing custom application framework
- Participate in the design of intuitive user experiences/interfaces across our products
- Follow defined processes for software design, development, deployment and maintenance
- 2 years demonstrable experience in developing applications with PHP is essential
- Experience with front end libraries such as jQuery is beneficial
- Proficiency working within a Unix/Linux server environment is highly desirable
- Experience with relational databases (PostgreSQL/MySQL) is highly desirable
- Knowledge/experience with service oriented architecture and RESTful web APIs is highly desirable
- Experience with mobile device optimization, responsive web design and responsive web frameworks is desirable
- Strong knowledge of best practices, modern web design trends, and modern development technologies is desirable
- Excellent oral and written communication skills is desirable
- Ability to work well under pressure including adapting to changing objectives and deadlines
- Ability to work effectively in a software development team environment and in collaboration with other departments
As an employer we strive to provide every employee with a positive working environment, continued professional development, a commitment to work-life balance, and equal opportunities. As a diverse, global leader, we actively encourage career advancement through internal promotions and segment opportunities.
If you are a talented professional, passionate about what you do, and want to work in a company that can support your growth, we want to hear from you.
If you would like to find out more about Thomson Reuters please download our App here http://thomsonreuters.com/en/careers/what-we-do/our-story-app.html or visit our careers site, https://www.thomsonreuters.com/en/careers.html.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top